ANGEL HOMEBREW Fermzilla / All Rounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelHomebrew.

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
F E R M Z I L L A / A L L R O U N D E R

Hi

Some latest version 27L Fermzilla Fermenters are still available on discount pre-order now and are arriving pretty soon this Friday (5/6/2020)

55L Fermzilla still available from from stock and also now have 55L Fermzilla Insulation Jackets at £18, less than 1/2 price ashock1 previously £40

30L Fermzilla All Rounder and 60L Fermzilla All-Rounder also available on pre-order and coming on Friday

Pressure Kits and Blowtie Spunding Valves also available

Note we will probably close this Friday and over the weekend to clear orders and reopen on Monday

Paul
Angel Homebrew

Last edited:
Got my 30l All Rounder on order with you, looking forward to getting a brew in it! 👍

Thanks for your order

Container is arriving early Friday 9AM, will post some pictures on our social media. But there is a mountain of order processing to get through after unpacking container

I'm hoping to get it all processed Friday and over weekend for DPD collections throughout following week. Will be working as fast as can to get them all out as soon as possible and hoping will leave some time for sun and beer :laugh8:

So should all go out after the weekend staggered through next week, starting from Monday and you will get tracking details when courier booked

Its going to be a busy weekend

Thanks for your order

Container is arriving early Friday 9AM, will post some pictures on our social media. But there is a mountain of order processing to get through after unpacking container

I'm hoping to get it all processed Friday and over weekend for DPD collections throughout following week. Will be working as fast as can to get them all out as soon as possible and hoping will leave some time for sun and beer :laugh8:

So should all go out after the weekend staggered through next week, starting from Monday and you will get tracking details when courier booked

Its going to be a busy weekend
What’s the deal with all these reports of this new gen fermenter exploding under light pressure.
can you advise on that, or if there is a replacement warranty to support such a failure?

Hi
Yes I have seen some of that. Also some early versions that had some sealing issues on lid also occurred
We had a few of these with lid seal issues but was a very small minority out of number that have been sent out and resolved by sending out the upgraded o-ring

In all honesty my opinion is they got the first ones out maybe a little early with pressure from market wanting them as it is awesome product and addressed a lot of the issues with earlier similar product. For example Fermzilla delivered the much wider dump valve and vessel neck so could get hand in to clean plus other much wanted features

We have sold a lot of Fermzilla’s and not had any exploding vessels but have seen some of the posts regarding this

Any problems we would of course replace under warranty or refund, whatever customer preference would be. Only really want to be selling quality products and have happy customers and would always do what we could to resolve any problems on any products we sell

I’m really hoping to avoid the KegLand / Keg King debate but aware that there is commercial conflict and do see issues amplified from one side of these companies quite often

Examples have seen include Facebook groups where posts are jumped on and commented on from some with commercial interests being involved with, or pro, one company rather than the other for whatever reasons. Really don’t like that stuff

From AHB perspective, do think the Fermzilla is a great product, has a lot of happy customers and good feedback and if not would not be offering it

Probably gone on a bit there, but hope that helps

Cheers
Paul

Nice to see you as a sponsor. I happened to send you a message via your site last night. Hopefully hear from you soon
Thanks Leon.

I think I replied but having some email issues at the moment which is making things pretty difficult

If not got reply please could you resend

Actually, just about to move web hosting to address some of those email issues and should be happening any day now, awaiting confirmation

Keeping fingers crossed all goes smoothly and website doesn't just disappear for a short time 🤞

Cheers
Paul

Hi
Yes I have seen some of that. Also some early versions that had some sealing issues on lid also occurred
We had a few of these with lid seal issues but was a very small minority out of number that have been sent out and resolved by sending out the upgraded o-ring

In all honesty my opinion is they got the first ones out maybe a little early with pressure from market wanting them as it is awesome product and addressed a lot of the issues with earlier similar product. For example Fermzilla delivered the much wider dump valve and vessel neck so could get hand in to clean plus other much wanted features

We have sold a lot of Fermzilla’s and not had any exploding vessels but have seen some of the posts regarding this

Any problems we would of course replace under warranty or refund, whatever customer preference would be. Only really want to be selling quality products and have happy customers and would always do what we could to resolve any problems on any products we sell

I’m really hoping to avoid the KegLand / Keg King debate but aware that there is commercial conflict and do see issues amplified from one side of these companies quite often

Examples have seen include Facebook groups where posts are jumped on and commented on from some with commercial interests being involved with, or pro, one company rather than the other for whatever reasons. Really don’t like that stuff

From AHB perspective, do think the Fermzilla is a great product, has a lot of happy customers and good feedback and if not would not be offering it

Probably gone on a bit there, but hope that helps

Cheers
Paul

Thanks for the answer and feedback. I think that is really appreciated and really helps people be able to make a concious decision when ordering from you guys and specific products.

I would never buy the pressure kit with two plastic caps. In Norway they sell the kits with the stainless ones. My experience with the plastic ones is not good.

Sounds like you had some issues

Actually I dropped the stainless ones at moment in favor of the plastic ones. Some explanation 2 min 10 sec into this video

Engineering Plastic Carbonation Cap

Also now have 2nd generation plastic carbonation caps with these improvements

• Fin Thickness On the new part the fin thickness has been changed and made thinner. This reduces the stress on the male part of the PCO thread.
  • The seat profile has changed to prevent the product being over tightened and this reduces the chance of damage
  • The o‐ring seat and o‐ring type has been changed so the o‐ring sits better so it can be inserted and removed without causing damage as easily.
  • Grips have been added around the circumference of the part making it easier to grab when wet. This is also the easiest way to visually identify the difference between the old design and new design part.

I’m thinking of buying one of the 27l versions and fermenting under pressure but currently only have an under counter fermentation fridge. I’ve search the internet but can’t see any measurements for the height with a spunding valve attached. The fridge I’m using at the minute is a Hotpoint RLA34 and I’ve got a funny feeling it’s not going to fit inside. Any chance I could get some dimensions so I can have a measure up please?

Thanks

Hi

There are dimensions here Fermzilla 27L

Relevant image also linked below, unfortunately don't have a spunding valve here to measure with that attached currently
fermzilla-27l-starter-kit.jpg

Regards
Paul

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply bud, do you have the dimensions for the 27l All-Rounder please?

Back