ANGEL HOMEBREW - WE ARE MOVING

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelHomebrew.

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
So we have been pretty quiet on here for a few months now

Have seen large increase in demand on homebrewing but also combined with more difficulty getting stock, and running out of some products in the current crazy times we are living in.

Lead times are much bigger to get more stock, and also shipping still not good with lower availability and huge price increases. Some container sea shipping quotes coming in 5 times cost they used to be !
So we are keeping ticking over for now while waiting on some big stock orders, some placed months ago, to arrive

BUT THE MAIN NEWS IS.....We are moving
😃
Busy few days here at AHB and few more busy ones ahead as moving to new premises.

New unit has previously been used for industrial engineering so need fair bit of refurb. Lots of work happening right now, its going to be an awesome space. Floor has been shot blasted and primed ready for new floor going down and currently painting right through.

Will post pictures and provide more updates as progress. Very excited, lot of plans ahead and also waiting on a lot of new stock orders at the moment to be delivered and will post updates on new products and preorders closer to time of arrival

Watch this space 🤓

IMG_5313.JPG

Paul
Angel Homebrew

Busy day today 😳

Hired Luton van for couple of days and started moving stock but floor epoxy top coat still not fully set so improvised and loading straight up to mezzanine floor with steps borrowed from our kind neighbors.

Should just about complete moving tomorrow hopefully if floor fully dried 👍 wondering if we might have needed more space ashock1

IMG_5390.JPG

Paul
Angel Homebrew

Good luck with the move!
Was wondering if you're having problems with your website? Or if its just me, been trying to look at it for weeks now and browser just constantly times out. Tried different browsers, different computers, same thing. Never encountered this problem with any other website.
Can everyone else access it?

Good luck with the move!
Was wondering if you're having problems with your website? Or if its just me, been trying to look at it for weeks now and browser just constantly times out. Tried different browsers, different computers, same thing. Never encountered this problem with any other website.
Can everyone else access it?
Hi

I’m not aware of any problems, not sure what this could be

Are you in the UK

Do you have parental controls set up on your router? As well as blocking pron they will also block home brew shops (alcohol related).

No parental controls turned on. I use Chrome as default browser also tried Edge.
It bizarrely appears to be something to do with my Internet provider. I tried again with a PC connected to the net via a LAN connection, no luck, via a mobile phone using a wifi connection, no luck, via a tablet using wifi connection, no luck. Turned my router off and used mobile via 4G network and finally got access to site. Connected the same 3 devices to a different internet connection and had no problems accessing your site. I Can only assume Origin Broadband have some sort of block on your site for some reason?

Fascinated to see that someone else is having exactly the same issues accessing angel homebrew's website from Origin Broadband.

The symptoms I see are identical: browser timeouts upon access, irrespective of browser, computer device and operating system. Switch off the phones WiFi so it uses 4G phone network, and access is fine. Also PC access is fine if using phone on 4G as a wireless access point.

I reported the problem to them a few months ago, and they have sporadically responded, though they did once "accidentally" close the ticket without resolution. The latest test I ran, at Origin's suggestion, was to do a trace of where the access to the website appears to originate from , using the trace tools at Hurricane Electric BGP Toolkit. This showed my access appearing to originate from the Russian Federation, which may or may not have something to do with the issue. I've not yet had a response from Origin about this latest info.

My wife also found another website we can't access via Origin, with exactly the same symptoms.

If you haven't done so already, contact Origin's tech support to report the problem: another identical case may assist with their troubleshooting.

Did you ensure the DNS cache was flushed, so it was using the new servers. What did a traceroute from your PC show you?
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to help - much appreciated.

This problem has been going on for months now, and I've been through the mill with Origin's tech support people who seem not to be able to dedicate much of their time to the issue. And that's ok as I'm sure they have much bigger problems to deal with & I can get around the issue by using my phone, or using one of my PCs via my phone on 4G as an access point for my WiFi when I want to access Angel Homebrew.

To answer your question: I've tried endless cache flushing, though - interestingly - having just experimented by pointing my router's dns to OpenDNS servers, switching off for 5 mins, rebooting, flushing PCs dns cache, as soon as I do an nslookup on angel homebrew, it reports that Google is still providing my DNS (8.8.8.8), so I'm a bit baffled by that. Maybe powering off the router (Asus DSL-AC56U) doesn't clear the dns cache, in which case, I'm not sure how it could ever be updated?

Traceroute shows:

C:\Users\martin>tracert angelhomebrew.co.uk

Tracing route to angelhomebrew.co.uk [176.74.30.6]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.25.1
2 23 ms 24 ms 27 ms 10.0.254.87
3 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms 10.0.244.237
4 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 10.0.251.101
5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms 10.0.251.9
6 23 ms 23 ms 26 ms ve1001.core2.lon2.he.net [184.104.202.81]
7 34 ms 23 ms 32 ms 100ge11-2.core1.lon2.he.net [184.104.195.109]
8 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms linx-lon1.ae212.bor02.ld8.eu.equinix.net [195.66.224.82]
9 24 ms 24 ms 25 ms ae33.dis01.ld9.eu.equinix.net [81.201.103.69]
10 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms acc-bdr1-ge-0-0-3.uk.syrahost.com [213.219.6.82]
11 25 ms 24 ms 24 ms acc-core-vl50.uk.syrahost.com [176.74.25.249]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

And to see angel homebrew's NS servers...

C:\Users\martin>nslookup -type=ns angelhomebrew.co.uk
Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
angelhomebrew.co.uk nameserver = ns1.vs-mr2paul.uk.syrahost.com
angelhomebrew.co.uk nameserver = ns2.vs-mr2paul.uk.syrahost.com

...and Hurricane Electric web tools shows...
1615554090119.png

...that my access originates from the Russian Federation!

Wow, how strange

So nothing I can do my end?

I think I contacted my webhost about this one before for you Martin and they said there was no blocking for the stated IP address

Are we being hacked by Russia :oops: I know have seen a lot of spam activity from .ru email addresses which gets blocked

Although that probably not related

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to help - much appreciated.

This problem has been going on for months now, and I've been through the mill with Origin's tech support people who seem not to be able to dedicate much of their time to the issue. And that's ok as I'm sure they have much bigger problems to deal with & I can get around the issue by using my phone, or using one of my PCs via my phone on 4G as an access point for my WiFi when I want to access Angel Homebrew.

To answer your question: I've tried endless cache flushing, though - interestingly - having just experimented by pointing my router's dns to OpenDNS servers, switching off for 5 mins, rebooting, flushing PCs dns cache, as soon as I do an nslookup on angel homebrew, it reports that Google is still providing my DNS (8.8.8.8), so I'm a bit baffled by that. Maybe powering off the router (Asus DSL-AC56U) doesn't clear the dns cache, in which case, I'm not sure how it could ever be updated?

Traceroute shows:

C:\Users\martin>tracert angelhomebrew.co.uk

Tracing route to angelhomebrew.co.uk [176.74.30.6]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.25.1
2 23 ms 24 ms 27 ms 10.0.254.87
3 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms 10.0.244.237
4 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 10.0.251.101
5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms 10.0.251.9
6 23 ms 23 ms 26 ms ve1001.core2.lon2.he.net [184.104.202.81]
7 34 ms 23 ms 32 ms 100ge11-2.core1.lon2.he.net [184.104.195.109]
8 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms linx-lon1.ae212.bor02.ld8.eu.equinix.net [195.66.224.82]
9 24 ms 24 ms 25 ms ae33.dis01.ld9.eu.equinix.net [81.201.103.69]
10 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms acc-bdr1-ge-0-0-3.uk.syrahost.com [213.219.6.82]
11 25 ms 24 ms 24 ms acc-core-vl50.uk.syrahost.com [176.74.25.249]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

And to see angel homebrew's NS servers...

C:\Users\martin>nslookup -type=ns angelhomebrew.co.uk
Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
angelhomebrew.co.uk nameserver = ns1.vs-mr2paul.uk.syrahost.com
angelhomebrew.co.uk nameserver = ns2.vs-mr2paul.uk.syrahost.com

...and Hurricane Electric web tools shows...
View attachment 42995

...that my access originates from the Russian Federation!

If it’s any help this is my tracert-

Traceroute to www.angelhomebrew.co.uk (176.74.30.6), 64 hops max.
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) time=19 ms
2 10.53.38.141 (10.53.38.141) time=16 ms
3 pete-core-2a-xe-110-0.network.virginmedia.net (80.3.129.41) time=17 ms
4 *
5 *
6 *
7 m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net (62.254.42.174) time=35 ms
8 eqix-lon.ae31.bor01.ld8.eu.equinix.net (185.1.104.2) time=21 ms
9 ae34.dis01.ld9.eu.equinix.net (81.201.103.71) time=26 ms
10 acc-bdr1-ge-0-0-3.uk.syrahost.com (213.219.6.82) time=29 ms
11 acc-core-vl50.uk.syrahost.com (176.74.25.249) time=27 ms
12 server-6-r7.ipv4.lon01.ds.network (176.74.30.6) time=25 ms
*** Traceroute at destination ***

Strange, as it seems both of you are reaching AH's servers.
Given that it seems to be affecting your phones, desktops etc but not when through your ISP then it either has to be related to your router or ISP's network (although the actual reason could still be at AH's hosting end).
Can you try hardcoding AH's IP address into your hosts file and flushing the DNS cache before trying to access again - I don't think it will make a difference but it is worth just checking anyway.
Do either of you have another router that you could try with?

Sorry for taking the thread off at a tangent Paul! If you could get the guys IP addresses and the time when that IP was used to access then you might be able see if they have any logging that would shed light on it; my guess is the IP range might be blacklisted for some reason as it appears to be dropping at your host.

from looking at those tracerts it sounds like a routing issue with the ISP or whoever they are using. They would probably have the same problem accessing the site. I've had clients come across this issue a couple of times in the past with BT, but normally it sorts itself out in a few days or when they reboot their routers. At least that has been my experience.

Wow, how strange

So nothing I can do my end?

I think I contacted my webhost about this one before for you Martin and they said there was no blocking for the stated IP address

Are we being hacked by Russia :oops: I know have seen a lot of spam activity from .ru email addresses which gets blocked

Although that probably not related
Hi Paul, it was indeed me. And thanks for your efforts in looking into it.

Just to make sure, I asked Origin to change my static IP address, which they eventually did. Made no difference.

Almost certainly, the problem is not at your end, though your blocking of ru email addresses may have consequences that affect Origin Broadband if their traffic seemingly appears to be coming from there? But that's speculation: I definitely couldn't say that for sure.

Last edited:
Back