Anglian Craft Brewers Homebrew Competition 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve just registered whilst having my morning coffee. It’s a tough one because most of my planned upcoming brews are styles I’ve either never made or don’t make very often.

Think I’ll go for a British Golden, kolsch (both fairly safe) or a Catharina Sour (fairly risky).

Can you enter 2? I've only had the option to enter 1?
No, I didn’t bother reading the instructions before posting my plans on here (edited my post to take “2 of” out). I’ve gone with a XXXXX provisionally but that might change as I get closer to planning my brew.

Last edited:
I’ve just registered whilst having my morning coffee. It’s a tough one because most of my planned upcoming brews are styles I’ve either never made or don’t make very often.

Think I’ll go for a British Golden, kolsch (both fairly safe) or a Catharina Sour (fairly risky).

I can partially solve that dilemma for you. Sour beers are not included in the styles that we will be allowing entries for.

I can partially solve that dilemma for you. Sour beers are not included in the styles that we will be allowing entries for.
That’s fine. I’m drinking quite slowly at the moment (trying to lose a bit of weight) and have had a Philly Sour yeast in the fridge since November that I’m wanting to use before the summer. It would only be my second ever sour so probably an absolutely disastrous idea to do one for a competition.

XXXX will work out much better. It’s been 3 years since I’ve brewed that style - I picked up a XXXXX yeast a couple of weeks back as I fancy doing one for a change.

Last edited:
Just for fairness....its best that you don't openly discuss/publicise your entries here....several of our judges may visit these pages and whilst they may not know you personally they may recognise you or your entry via your online persona and we want to give them the opportunity to judge your beers as "blindly" as possible. That way we keep judging as fair as possible for everyone. Thank you.

Just for fairness....its best that you don't openly discuss/publicise your entries here....several of our judges may visit these pages and whilst they may not know you personally they may recognise you or your entry via your online persona and we want to give them the opportunity to judge your beers as "blindly" as possible. That way we keep judging as fair as possible for everyone. Thank you.
Would I get a better score or a worse score? :rolleyes:

Smart. Duly adjusted.
I'm going to have a pop at redoing my XXXX from last year and test that one out. Cheers for the heads up @nickjdavis

Do not advertise your brew!

Back