Angram CO Beer Engine Advice Needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just been getting to grips with my new toy over the past few weeks and have a few things I'm not sure about and wondered if anyone can help.

- It came disassembled and there is a threaded bar (tie rod) which I believe goes through the centre of the handle. It came with a nut and 4 washers, which go onto the bar freely. As far as I can tell the rod just screws into the beer engine at one end and a kind of top cap at the other though. I can't see what the nut and 4 washers are for. Can anyone help?

- I have some standard purple line cleaning solution. But after flushing through with that and rinsing how do people leave the beer engine between uses? Do you empty them of all liquid or leave them full of water or sanitiser?

- If the beer engine is connected to a pressure barrel, say, and no air has been allowed in, how long do people leave that all connected up before disconnecting and cleaning the lines? I have found that the beer in the lines does go off quite badly.

Thanks!

I've just been getting to grips with my new toy over the past few weeks and have a few things I'm not sure about and wondered if anyone can help.

- It came disassembled and there is a threaded bar (tie rod) which I believe goes through the centre of the handle. It came with a nut and 4 washers, which go onto the bar freely. As far as I can tell the rod just screws into the beer engine at one end and a kind of top cap at the other though. I can't see what the nut and 4 washers are for. Can anyone help?

- I have some standard purple line cleaning solution. But after flushing through with that and rinsing how do people leave the beer engine between uses? Do you empty them of all liquid or leave them full of water or sanitiser?

- If the beer engine is connected to a pressure barrel, say, and no air has been allowed in, how long do people leave that all connected up before disconnecting and cleaning the lines? I have found that the beer in the lines does go off quite badly.

Thanks!
As far as assembly goes the link(s) on this page may help:
https://www.ukbrewing.com/category_s/61.htm
I found similar useful for my angram CQ.

Cannot help with the assembly as I don't have angram pumps.
I use line cleaner once a week.
Beer stays on for a week in cooler weather before removing for a line clean. I use beer bags and not pressurised barrels (never seen the need for pressure on an engine), no air gets in as the bag has a natural head of Co2 in the bag and just deflates under vacuum when the beer is drawn off through the engine.
Beer hasn't gone off in the line in 7 days yet, even at higher room temps. Beer is around 12 degrees approx as bags are in a cool cupboard.
If your beer is going off you may need to increase your cleaning regime or are not being thorough enough.
Remove sparkler, clean every day or night along with the Swan neck that contacts the beer in the glass.
Hope this helps.

Back