Anna's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re going to have 75kg of grain to munch through because MM are also throwing in a bag of MO with sales of the mill. You’ll probably get to play with yours first, I ordered mine Sunday but it’s not my birthday until the 26th and I currently have a lager in the brewfridge.
Brilliant, good to know I'm not the only dafty here tempted by the new grain mill 😁. I purchased mine from the home brew shop The Grainfather - Electric Grain Mill + Fitting Board since I wasn't wanting/needing the bag of MO and I would rather have the £34 off. You might still beat me to it as I've a busy weekend so really not sure I'll have the opportunity to use it, might have to find some excuse though 🥳.

Brilliant, good to know I'm not the only dafty here tempted by the new grain mill 😁. I purchased mine from the home brew shop The Grainfather - Electric Grain Mill + Fitting Board since I wasn't wanting/needing the bag of MO and I would rather have the £34 off. You might still beat me to it as I've a busy weekend so really not sure I'll have the opportunity to use it, might have to find some excuse though 🥳.
I didn’t even bother shopping around because I assumed it was a MM exclusive. I would have done the same as you if I’d realised, because I’ve still got almost 10kg of the £15 bargain 25kg bag of MO I got from Kegthat at Easter time and I do much prefer the Crafty stuff. Oh well, it’ll get used!

I don’t usually buy new gadgets straight away, but I’ve been moaning about my mill for a while (I’ve wrecked it through drill over-use) then my wife sat me down and said she and the kids were talking about my birthday and, because I’d done such a good job for her birthday (got my friend who’s an amazing artist to paint a portrait of the kids), did I want “that thing you were watching all those videos for yesterday”. Of course I said yes!

Last edited:
You’ll have to show us an updated picture of your brew space so we can marvel at all your shiny gizmos. I have now pretty much outgrown the utility room and am considering commandeering the shed. But what to do with the bicycles? I also much prefer the crafty masters grain and have 23 kg of it in the porch shipped all the way to Guernsey. Thanks Alison!

You’ll have to show us an updated picture of your brew space so we can marvel at all your shiny gizmos. I have now pretty much outgrown the utility room and am considering commandeering the shed. But what to do with the bicycles? I also much prefer the crafty masters grain and have 23 kg of it in the porch shipped all the way to Guernsey. Thanks Alison!
Sell the bikes to buy the shiny new gear 😉

Wow on shipping the malt to Guernsey, it really is rather good though 😋. I'm lucky that it's just a 45 min drive to their farm for me. As for space and the perennial problem of what to do with the bikes and everything else in the garage. I've tidied up the best I can and have a bit of space around the heating system boiler, and on the other side with the tools and such things. I can't really complain given how forgiving the OH has been in the space I have taken up, but yes it would be nice to have a bit more space. Maybe in 15 years or so I can retire and build something at the back of the garden...this would be rather fun - It's a large scale all in one electric microbrew kit Microbrewery BIAC Brewing System ( I am not being wholly serious... at retirement age with no experience in the industry I don't think I'd try to set up something like this)

Sell the bikes to buy the shiny new gear 😉
I think the children might have something to say about that, and I do still use my bike once in a blue moon.

Anna

Oh I am super duper chuffed - my a bit of a use up beer that wasn’t temperature controlled (in July Scotland) has been conditioning at 0.3 C for two weeks and it tastes nae afae bad if I may say so myself. Now to work out a name for it.

it was an English IPA style and has the bitterness and brightness of Summer lightning but the aroma of a hop forward English bitter.

Anna

Oh I am super duper chuffed - my a bit of a use up beer that wasn’t temperature controlled (in July Scotland) has been conditioning at 0.3 C for two weeks and it tastes nae afae bad if I may say so myself. Now to work out a name for it.

it was an English IPA style and has the bitterness and brightness of Summer lightning but the aroma of a hop forward English bitter.

Anna

May I suggest a double entendre? They are so witty and all mine are named as such. Or you could ignore me as I'm a few wines deep lol 😂

May I suggest a double entendre? They are so witty and all mine are named as such. Or you could ignore me as I'm a few wines deep lol 😂
I’ve named him Kristoff- which based on My name and it being a bit of a user/fixer upper does work quite well. That’s about as risqué as I dare in my position 😂

Ok today was 'interesting' as a brew day, as in another of my 'learning experiences'
I'll write it up properly later since right now I'm recovering with a glass of my Zest Cerveza which has improved for cold conditioning for a month. I was making up two kit beers which had been purchased for No1 son (who has gone off the idea of brewing) but I was too stingy to buy LME and thought I'd use up some Lucky's lager malt to make up the malt extract equivalent required. Hmmm... Ok I've ended up with two fermenters in the brew fridge thingy and yes it all looks neat tidy and organised now, but sheesh that's taken a whole lot more effort than expected 🤪.
IMG_1034.jpeg
IMG_1033.jpeg

Oh - you might have noticed, my plastic fermenter buckets have had a bit of an upgrade with ball lock posts and floating dip tubes with filters on the end 🙈 ok I know I didn't really need them.. it seemed like a good idea at the time, and I'm trying to do low O2 brewing even in a bucket 🤓. Why do things easy when you can make it sooo much more complicated for yourself 🙄.

Latest posts

Back