Another Corny problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michking

Reaction score
thats the gas post ok, short dip tube ;) must admit i originally thought u had the wrong disconnect on the wrong post til i looked at the pic ;) ive done that before :oops:

as it is you have no purchase to encourage em to separate.

So forget the poppet (small sprung bit) for now just keep it safe, and try to reassemble the post dip tube and keg without threading the keg, and if successful argue with the disconnect while gripping the keg to seperate the 2...
the disconnect will interfere with the poppet if u try to assemble it in place..

the top of the disconnect will also unscrew inside is orings a spring and a clear plastic pushrod that engages with the post poppet. without the poppet pushing back it shouldnt be under pressure but be prepared for the spring just in case...

if still no luck try a few sharp taps to the disconnect side??

Just to add to the above, can you confirm you put the right post on the gas out port as it is possible to put the liquid post on the gas out and the gas disconnect will jam solid onto it in that case. The only easy way I've found to get the disconnect off when on the keg, is to use 2 long shaft flat screw drivers under opposite edges of the base of the disconnect, levering them down whilst lifting the collet on the disconnect. If not sorted let us know and I'll post a pic if the above is unclear :thumb:

was definitely the Gas IN. It's stuck some before but this time was REALLY stuck... I screwed back on and pulled as hard as possible but no luck so out came the hammer - a few sharp hits and it's off now! I wouldn't have tried that without someone saying to :)

I've reassembled the quick in disconnect as per this site - http://m.wikihow.com/Assemble-a-Cornelius-Keg

the inside of my gas in connect (grey plastic) looks a bit off centre and thinking that may be problem. I have 2 other cornys though and have no issues with them. I may need a new disconnect on this corny i'm thinking...

thanks for help - am cleaning them all now and getting ready for bottling later tonight now :)

if a shock freed the movement perhaps the mechanical lift/shift ball mechanism is sticking and could do with a lube, vasaline or keg lube perhaps?

Latest posts

Back