Another fermentation vessel question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaabbbmike

Reaction score
I got a home brew starter kit last Christmas and have been bitten by the bug ever since. I’ve got a stock pot with a 2 way valve and a bazooka hop filter and I have a bouncer filter to go from the stock pot to the fermentation vessel which is your standard plastic bucket. I have a heating belt attached to an Inkbird as my brew normally goes in the cellar which negates the need for the brew fridge. I now want to swap out the plastic bucket for something better. I was thinking either a 7gl SS Chronical or 7gl SS Brew bucket. One is a lot more expensive than the other but I was thinking for the price of the Chronical I could get the brew bucket plus the heating and chilling kit. Maybe it doesn’t need to be stainless steel but in my head they just look like the professional outfits you see and I’m easily swayed by the shiny look of them too.

So what fermentation vessel should I go for or is there something else I should be prioritizing in investing in. I’m still learning a lot

Hi!
If you have full temperature control, by all means go for shiny, shiny stuff.
However, temperature control - heating and cooling - should be the first priority.

Back