Another malt supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're only about half an hour up the road from me, I like the idea of keeping it local with the way things are right now.

It’s funny you should mention the more than expected extraction rate from their malt, I purchased a 25kg bag of POPS Pale Ale Malt from "Crafty Maltsters" and I’ve done three brews using it, they all came out much higher OG than I was aiming for in the brew calculators I am using which normally tell me exactly what to expect. My next brew I think I will reduce the amount of malt to compensate but happy with their malt for sure.
Yeah my brewhouse efficiency was 6% above expected - I'll adjust it in Beersmith to compensate next time.
Great flavour to the malt too - I hope they expand their range

Its in the very top right of the page
I have the same problem as @Oneflewover - I think their website isn’t particularly mobile friendly:
6CFC771E-2455-4087-A824-9D2BB0F592A7.png

Had the below from Alison at crafty maltsters.
Thanks for your email, I got an email through yesterday from them, still only takes it down to £8.45 until you are over 20 parcels.

We were just chatting about subsidising it until things pick up and we can get a reduced rate. What kind of price do you think is acceptable to people?

Were you just looking for 1 sack? Very happy to offer you a reduced rate so you can try it for now until we get something organised

I have said that I would be happy to pay the above price which would bring into line with MO from other places.

Thanks for your email, I got an email through yesterday from them, still only takes it down to £8.45 until you are over 20 parcels.

We were just chatting about subsidising it until things pick up and we can get a reduced rate. What kind of price do you think is acceptable to people?

Were you just looking for 1 sack? Very happy to offer you a reduced rate so you can try it for now until we get something organised

I have said that I would be happy to pay the above price which would bring into line with MO from other places.

They'd maybe do well to team up with Brewstore or the boys at CML. I don't mind paying for delivery, but not keen to pay for more than one delivery.

That being said, it's close enough for me to collect.

Im not sure what is cheap for Malt, but Staffordshire Brewery seem very cheap, at least until you see the handling charge. All seems very odd why state a price and then add a handling charge unless its just to draw you in with an unreal list price?

I'm sure lots of us here appreciate your efforts in trying to negotiate a better delivery price from them, I know I do so got to say thank you for taking the time.

That's not a bad price for delivery, considering the malt is a decent price. athumb..

This looks like good news.

It looks like we have finally managed to negotiate some better rates, I can get it down to £6 if I deliver to the depot. The depot is 20 miles away so not something I will manage every day but possibly twice per week, it could mean people are waiting 5 days for delivery do you think that is acceptable? I can also offer a 2 day delivery where they collect from us but that is £9.61 for 25kgs?

I replied saying most people would be willing to wait and perhaps they could have two options on the site.

This looks like good news.

It looks like we have finally managed to negotiate some better rates, I can get it down to £6 if I deliver to the depot. The depot is 20 miles away so not something I will manage every day but possibly twice per week, it could mean people are waiting 5 days for delivery do you think that is acceptable? I can also offer a 2 day delivery where they collect from us but that is £9.61 for 25kgs?

I replied saying most people would be willing to wait and perhaps they could have two options on the site.
Yeah 2 day delivery for a tenner sounds much more feasible than than a 40 mile round trip to save 3-4 quid a sack.

Latest posts

Back