Another new member from Norfolk!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddsy

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Im buddsy

Back in the 80s my dad used to do a few of the old Boots wine kits.

When I was about 12 me and my pal used to go to the library and started making our own fruit wines! hahaha

Ive done a few beer kits over the years with a pressure barrel. Nothing really too serious. Mainly Woodfordes Wherry which have always come out pretty well.

I bought a brew belt about 4 years back and found trying to keep the fermenting temp stable quite difficult.

I bought an immersion heater from ebay which I fitted through a rubber bung then dropped and smashed it...

Then I saw the vids on youtube of people making brewing fridges so I went down that route with an inkbird and tube heater. Very pleased with this.

More recently Ive made a couple of the better quality wine kits which have worked out so well my wife didn't even realise she was drinking home brew! The highest praise I could wish for!

Im now fermenting a 30 bottle Beaverdale Merlot kit.

Before the lockdown I got a book from the library "The kitchen brewer" and I had some good results with all grain using simple methods.

Ive pre ordered a brewzilla from Brewkegtap and am looking forward to larger batches than the pints I have been making.

To make it easier getting going Ive bought the English IPA all grain kit from Geterbrewed. Looks pretty good but the full instructions included are pretty ****. The online instructions seem better.

Respect and hoping to get to know you all.

buddsy

Welcome to the forum Buddsy, the all grain kits are so much easier as everything is weighed out etc and that's how I started. If you do this kit with your brewzilla then it's best to use the instructions for that opposed to the GEB instructions if that makes sense, I have the Brewster Beacon.

Latest posts

Back