Another new member introducing himself

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorst

Reaction score
Hi all,

A kind greeting from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I'm new to this forum but I'm an experienced home brewer (been brewing for about 7 years now). I've lived in Oxford for about three years and always had a soft spot for British beer and beer talk.

I used to post and lurk around the BrewUK forums in the past but their forum has been broken for a long time now - and I had a less than pleasant experience with one of the admins. I really enjoy interacting with other people around beer so I hope to find some like-minded people here.

My brewing setup is a Braumeister 20 liter, 2 Grainfather conical fermenters hooked up to a glycol chiller, and a self-built 3 tap kegerator. I'm really pleased with my setup although I am dreaming of upgrading to a Brewtools B40 if I ever win the lottery.

I currently have a Mild and Kveik pale ale on tap, and a Czech dark lager and a wild stout in my fermenters. Corona lockdown has been good for my brewing schedule it seems.

Last but not least I set up and run a local homebrew group (foebar.com) and contract brew beer in Bulgaria (dorst.bg).

Nice to meet you!

Hard question to answer; but my stuck on a deserted island with only one beer choice would be Saison Dupont.

I really enjoy Belgian lambics and geuzes, Orval, Rodenbach. I like German helles and gose. Or a good bitter IPA.

When Iook at my own brewing I can see that I enjoy making simple beers more and more. I made a Dortmunder Export lager and it was perhaps my favourite beer I have brewed.

Hi Dorst

Good to see you back posting on the forums athumb..

I really hope I wasn't involved in giving you a "less than pleasant experience" ... it didn't involve that bottle of herftsbok I sent you, did it :tinhat: ... if it was me, I apologise unreservedly ... welcome aboard athumb..

Cheers, PhilB

Hi Dorst

Good to see you back posting on the forums athumb..

I really hope I wasn't involved in giving you a "less than pleasant experience" ... it didn't involve that bottle of herftsbok I sent you, did it :tinhat: ... if it was me, I apologise unreservedly ... welcome aboard athumb..

Cheers, PhilB
Hi PhilB,

Seems you also made the jump - nice to see a friendly face :hat: (and no you were not).

Although I never got around to give you feedback on that herfstbok. It has been a while and I don't remember too much specifics. A bit on the sweet side but nice? I'm sure it was based on the other beers I had by you.

How have you been? Have they made you admin here yet?

Hi Dorst

You did give me feedback on the herftsbok at the time ... I think "a bit sweet" about sums it up wink... ... teach me to try making a beerstyle I've never even tasted :roll:

I'm well thanks ... and no not a moderator around here, more hassle than it was worth anyway ... I have nothing but admiration for moderators of any forums clapa... but I'm more than happy to let them get on with doing it without my help wink...

Hi @Chippy_Tea
my stuck on a deserted island with only one beer choice
Sounds like a good subject for a new thread.
... I reckon I could just about manage with an infinite supply of Timmy Taylor's Landlord on cask, FWIW wink...

Cheers, PhilB

Last edited:
Back