Another newbie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinacat

Reaction score
Hello everyone
just joined the forum as my wife bought me a coopers diy wheat beer home brew kit for my 45 birthday( ouch)
So i thought i would read and gert some info first. Read the newbie section (some great tips ) well worth the read
anyway just bottled coopers wheatbeer somw fingers crossed
just started in FV st peters ruby two can kit ( read forums said it was good ) heard that the two can system is slightly better for a newbie and i enjoy Ruby beers( hobgoblin from wychwood brewery ) Now theres a brew id like to try
still reading the forums so not sure what to try next but as ive onlt bottled one brew and second still in FV its all a learning curve but even without trying first brew still got the brewing bug I will be turning the shed into a celler!!! ( Much to the wifes dismay) I thinks she wishes shed bought me socks!!
Feel free to reply with any suggestions as what i could try next I ear towards sweeter beers
Keep up the good work as the tips and tricks ive read are very useful
Chinacat
FV st peters ruby
Bottled coopers wheatbear

thanks Rob yes started to read the reviews
Alot more kits about than when i remember 20 odd years ago
any recommendations

Funny you should say that ( sounds wierd) i had a dream about my next brew and it was a stout with added treacle,
Probably not a dream as i was reading the forums and did read about stout and added ingrediants think iwill give it ago
Whilst im rambling is it just me or is it difficult to get hold of Coopers PET bottles as i cant seem to find them and alot of the online sites dont have them in stock or have run out, are they popular compared to glass ( bottling is my preferred method)
cheers
chinacat

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

It seems to me glass bottles are more popular. If you speak to a friendly landlord they may keep some back or let you rummage through their empties. Others have put a box and a sign at their local bottle bank. I believe the ones to go for are the cider bottles, magners, bulmers etc. You will of course need a capper and some caps.

Latest posts

Back