Another self centred person leaves a note on an ambulance.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope a neighbour puts nails in her tyres tonight.

"This is not solely about the note," Staffordshire Police said, "the arrest related to matters of verbal abuse."

_100079282_phoneblurrrrr.png

BBC News.

A 26-year-old woman has been arrested after an abusive note was left on an ambulance dealing with a 999 call.

The hand-written message, in which the writer said she did not care "if the whole street collapsed", was left in Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, on Sunday.

Staffordshire Police said the incident was not reported, but the force took action after seeing details on Twitter.

Ch Insp John Owen tweeted: "Emergency services must be able to carry out their roles without fear of abuse."

The woman, from Tunstall, was arrested on suspicion of public order offences and remains in police custody.

"This is not solely about the note," Staffordshire Police said, "the arrest related to matters of verbal abuse."

The note, which was left on the parked ambulance, read: "If this van is for anyone but Number 14 then you have no right to be parked here".

The note ended by saying: "Now move your van from outside my house."

Mike Duggan, operational manager from West Midlands Ambulance Service, told the BBC he thinks people who abuse emergency staff need to be dealt with more "robustly".

"What is it going to take? Is one of us going to have to die before they take it seriously?" he said.

Disgusting that people can have such disregard to the needs of their fellow human being. I mean seriously, who sees an ambulance and immediately thinks they need to stick a note on the windscreen!?

As an aside, I don't know why people think they own the bit of road outside their house. Anyone is allowed to park there.

That's so sad that she would do something like that. Emergency people are for everyone, even those they may not particularly care for. Sorry to see you have crazies there, too. (Your emergency number is 999? Ours in the States is 911).

That's so sad that she would do something like that. Emergency people are for everyone, even those they may not particularly care for. Sorry to see you have crazies there, too. (Your emergency number is 999? Ours in the States is 911).

Its not the first time some ignorant impatient person has done this i posted a thread about another note being left on an ambulance saying basically the same a few months ago.

I may be wrong..but I think 911 can be used here...

112 also works as that's the European number.

Not many people knew that when mobiles first came out. I had a dappy friend who, despite being from continental Europe, didn't know why that number worked from the lock screen and used to keep ringing it and hanging up. She once got brave enough to wait until someone answered...

How interesting on the emergency numbers. I've not heard of notes on the emergency vehicles here in the States, but I bet it happens and I've not seen it.

Maybe next time she will have a bit more patience and keep her big mouth shut.

BBC -

A 26-year-old woman who verbally abused paramedics and left a foul-mouthed note on their ambulance in Stoke-on-Trent has admitted a public order offence.

Kirsty Sharman, of Parsonage Street, also accepted writing the handwritten message, which said she did not care "if the whole street collasped [sic]" .

Paramedics were dealing with a 999 call in her street in Tunstall on Sunday.

At North Staffordshire Justice Centre, chairman of the magistrate said it was an "absolutely despicable incident".

'Abuse not acceptable'

The ambulance had been responding to a next door neighbour's emergency call to help his wife, who was "experiencing breathing difficulties", prosecutor Liz Ryder told magistrates.

She said there had been "ongoing difficulties" between Sharman and her neighbours, leading to a restraining order being issued against her in January.

Miss Ryder said: "A neighbour saw that note being deposited by the defendant and they took it from the rear windscreen and posted it back through the defendant's address, having torn it apart."

During the incident, Sharman also went into the street and swore at a paramedic, telling him to move the ambulance.

Sentencing, the chairman of the magistrates Christopher Rushton told her: "This was an absolutely despicable incident.

"The fact it was directed at an ambulance crew providing a public service to a sick person. That crew should not be subject to actions such as these."

Sharman was fined £120 and was ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £30 and £135 costs.

_98950366_presentational_grey_line464-nc.jpg

You might also be interested in:
_98950366_presentational_grey_line464-nc.jpg

Through her solicitor, Hayley Keegan, Sharman offered her "most sincere apologies to the ambulance staff".

She was arrested after a social media plea by West Midlands Ambulance Service staff who reported colleagues had the note put on the back windscreen of a vehicle.

The ambulance service welcomed the outcome "of this unpleasant case".

A spokesman said: "We hope that this case will serve as a warning to others that abusing our staff is not acceptable.

"Our staff will only block roads or park in front of drives if absolutely necessary in the interests of patient care. In this case, they were parked at the side of the road and were not blocking a driveway."

Ch Insp John Owen, from Staffordshire Police, said: "This type of behaviour cannot be tolerated, and I know my view is supported by 99% of our community."

A separate charge of breaching a restraining order was withdrawn by the prosecution.

The metro have published her picture, she was probably late for the hairdresser. :roll:

sei_372853-e1519107809446.jpg

Latest posts

Back