Another Wherry cherry popped

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gar

Reaction score
I've just brewed a wherry. it was reduced at Wilko and I've been meaning to do a 2 can kit because limited for space in the house and I've got a 13 litre FV.
anyway, finished at 1012 and bottled in PET . took 4 long weeks to carb up, but still tastes twangy.
is this time scale typical of Wherry?
thanks. (i can hear the yawns from here)

Cheers.
yes bit of frustration. i know this kit is discussed a lot on here, but was unable to find the thread.
i thought my question might be a bit repetitive and inspire some yawns .
I'll save this brew for Xmas then

terrym.
i gave them two weeks in the usual cupboard under the stairs but no carb. so they had a week in the airing cupboard, carbed up nicely, followed by a week in the fridge

@gar
Although I have one can of a pimped Wherry on the go at present, its some time since I brewed a Wherry through the complete cycle, but seem to remember it did take a few weeks to come good. So as @Dutto says you may have to wait until the New Year but on the other hand you might OK by Xmas. And personally I would not serve these from the fridge they are best at about 12-14*C imo. So I suppose you could try one out the fridge and a warmer one to see if that made any difference, to see if one is better suited to your taste.

Latest posts

Back