Any had contact from www.kegkingdom.co.uk recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Greenwood

Reaction score
Hi All

I placed and order with these guys last Friday but haven't heard anything since, and whenever I phone them it just goes to answerphone. Have any of you had successful engagement with them over the last week?

Thanks

Martin

They tweeted yesterday. Nothing about delays. Just about buying stock.

I made an order two weeks ago and haven't had heard anything despite messaging them a few times.

I'm happy to wait a few weeks but would like to hear from them.

Definitely still active on social media. Might be worth commenting on some of their recent Facebook posts. Might get their attention. I hate seeing people being treated so badly by companies, no matter how small they may be.

I sent him another email yesterday morning. He apologised for being busy and I received the package today.

So happy now.

Last edited:
I've ordered a keg kit and recieved a dpd delivery confirmation today for tomorrow! So fingers crossed.

Had a few emails exchanged and he was very helpful and said he's snowed under but been getting loads out today. I'll report back tomorrow.

Kit arrived this morning, with a free pint glass. Well happy with the service from them. From order to door was like 3 days, which would be good even in normal times.

Yeah. They seem like good folk. Just snowed under and having a bit of a panic on.

This is Matt owner of keg kingdom I do apologise for the long delays in receiving orders but due to the lockdown and pubs closing it appears half the world have taken to homebrewing.

I run the website on my own and rushed off my feet working long days 7 days a week but it is proving impossible to keep up with orders and I do not think this will improve for months to come.

The long delays are not only from keg kingdom but all online Homebrew shops. I try to reply to emails everyday but apologise if some are missed and phone calls also are not always answered due to me packaging orders.

I’m also very disappointed that the homebrew admin ‘chippy’ has consistently passed judgement regarding my business when he has never ordered from the website previously therefore I will no longer be sponsoring the website/forum, to be transparent I have given this website over $800 during the time I have sponsored it this goes to the running and maintaince involved to keep the forum running.

I’m unable to employ staff to help due to the pandemic as I have individuals in my household who are in the ‘at risk’ group.

Therefore in a nut shell - apologies for the delay in orders please email and I should reply within a day and if you prefer a refund I’ll process it immediately.

Most of all be safe and happy brewing

Matt

The long delays are not only from keg kingdom but all online Homebrew shops.

This is patently not correct, I have at least two suppliers online who consistently turn around orders in less than a week, often in 3 days using DPD.
I imagine your sponsorship would not be feasible much longer on this site anyhow unless you managed
to stem the steady stream of unhappy customers reporting their experiences here.

This...
KK...just be straight...if you can't ship..say so. It's difficult being in business at the best of times...never mind all this going on now.
People like info..saying you can't ship this week isn't the end of the world.
Plus...working 7 days a week isn't going to do you any good...been there done that...

I recently placed an order with another supplier and they sent it out via Hermes on the same day I ordered it, so other home brew shops seem to be able to manage okay.

It took about 36hrs from me clicking the order button to arriving on my doorstep, and shipping was free.

Perhaps Keg Kingdom might consider taking a leaf out of their book?

Last edited:
It does sound like he's a one man band overwhelmed with everything...I bet also any attempts to swap couriers would be on a business scale value favouring the courier firm...or you end up on the waiting list... anyone decided to try the supermarket delivery shopping during this palaver? I did...no chance...have to wait about 6 weeks for a slot...
Turning away business is a hard thing to do unless you're massively busy and can successfully deal with what you've got and keep them coming back..it gives you security and expansion capacity...
Communication...

You have already posted this in another thread and i answered you there.

Its here if any members want to read it - Keg Kingdom - Very poor Service!

KEG_KINGDOM said:
I’m also very disappointed that the homebrew admin ‘chippy’ has consistently passed judgement regarding my business when he has never ordered from the website previously therefore I will no longer be sponsoring the website/forum, to be transparent I have given this website over $800 during the time I have sponsored it this goes to the running and maintaince involved to keep the forum running.

I assume by passed judgement you mean negative judgment, to the best of my knowledge i have never passed judgement as you say i am not a customer so cannot post from experience however there have been several similar threads to this posted over the last couple of years one lengthy one i removed at your request as you said you had sorted the problems with deliveries.

Last edited:
I wish I'd read this thread before I ordered from KegKingdom. I ordered a few JG fittings, disconnects and beer line on 28th of May and haven't heard anything. I wouldn't mind but I had mistake with my beer line order and needed to add more, I sent an email saying it was ok to debit the difference from my card and to add 5m of beer line to the order. I never heard anything back. I have now emailed and left phone messages and I haven't heard a thing, nothing. My money has been taken though. I understand it's a difficult time but as others have said, some of the other suppliers are able to deliver within 7 days or sooner. The annoying thing is that the owner has posted on FB complaining that people are giving him negative reviews and asking people to give him good reviews if they think they've had a good service in the past. I would say that at the moment KK is probably worth avoiding, at least until he's sorted his fulfilment problems out.

Sadly I've also had a poor experience buying from Keg Kingdom recently.
I placed an order back in February, which was delayed due to import delays, but I received my items three weeks later, though it required a fair bit of chasing on my part to find out what was happening.

My second order, unfortunately, did not go as well. It took two weeks of pestering to get an update on my order following it being placed, and Matt kindly expedited it, however on arrival there were several items missing or incorrect, and the bottle of Chemsan I'd ordered was missing a lid, resulting in an empty bottle and everything else being drenched in it.
It then took over a month longer, requiring repeated emails from my part, for a conclusion, which only came when I mentioned that if it wasn't sorted quickly I'd have to request a chargeback for the value of the missing items. I then received a refund the same day.

I can feel sympathy for the massive demand and unique circumstances during lockdown, but other retailers have managed this far better. If the demand is too high to fulfil orders or even to respond to emails, I'd suggest maybe stopping accepting new orders until things are under control. Punters are far less likely to be annoyed if they know what is going on, than with long delays without communication.

Needless to say, I won't be ordered from Keg Kingdom again.

I ordered earlier in May. Not a big order. Sent him email after 2 weeks to check the status. He said it should be few more days before he gets to my order. One week after that second email and received full refund next day. Luckily there was nothing super urgent.
That was my first order from Keg Kingdom.
He definitely could have handled the situation better..
I might give him a second chance when all this settles down

Back