Any kits similar or close to brewdog punk ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young’s American IPA is not a million miles away imo

I've seen good things about the youngs, i might have to try it out. Does it come with hops to dry hop? Would you suggest adding any extra hops to dry hop too?

Youngs APA with included hops plus an extra 25g of Falconers Flight for me tastes similar to Punk IPA.

I've seen good things about the youngs, i might have to try it out. Does it come with hops to dry hop? Would you suggest adding any extra hops to dry hop too?
Terrym is correct
When I first started brewing I thought the 100g was a bit much, now................. it’s a starting point.
If you like Brewdog Punk IPA then this should hit the spot.
Festival Razorback and Golden Stag are two other decent alternatives

It’s a decent pint from what I remember, I keep asking myself why I haven’t ordered another for a few years, another four weeks of Furlough could sort that out

I have also seen good things about the razorback. Ill put that on the list after the youngs. I am tempted to add a little extra hops into the dry hop too though or would you recommend against it? I like an insanely hoppy taste 😂

I have also seen good things about the razorback. Ill put that on the list after the youngs. I am tempted to add a little extra hops into the dry hop too though or would you recommend against it? I like an insanely hoppy taste 😂
It’s hard to tell, my last all grain had 300g of hops in it but it wasn’t a session beer.
Maybe split the batch, add 50g to one and 100g to the other if you have a spare 50g of hops
Enjoy

For the benefit I've just had a pint of Razorback...it's similar but mine is 6% and a bit so a less quaffable beer..dropped totally clear and loads of hops...to be fair it's a great kit.

It’s hard to tell, my last all grain had 300g of hops in it but it wasn’t a session beer.
Maybe split the batch, add 50g to one and 100g to the other if you have a spare 50g of hops
Enjoy

Im thinking all or nothing. Throw in 100g and hope for the best 😂

Im currently testing a few evil dog double ipa's that have been in the bottle just over 3 weeks. Cheers 🍻

Not Punk IPA, but The Homebrew Company normally do a range of their own kits which includes 'Dead Phony IPA'. It appears to be very well reviewed, but they've taken this range off their website during lockdown. Hoping they'll get these back on the market soon, as I'm desperate to try it!

This has been my quest for the last 12 months. The nearest i have got is a Range IPA kit, with quite a lot of dry hopping 100g of Citra, 50g of Chinook, and kit hops. It worked out quite expensive but IMO it was better then Punk IPA, it had a real citrus burst on the tongue. But you cant get the Range IPA kits anymore they have discontinued them, they do an APA kit, but not quite the same.

Back