Any kits similar or close to brewdog punk ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been my quest for the last 12 months. The nearest i have got is a Range IPA kit, with quite a lot of dry hopping 100g of Citra, 50g of Chinook, and kit hops. It worked out quite expensive but IMO it was better then Punk IPA, it had a real citrus burst on the tongue. But you cant get the Range IPA kits anymore they have discontinued them, they do an APA kit, but not quite the same.

Ah right nice. I've just had a quick
This has been my quest for the last 12 months. The nearest i have got is a Range IPA kit, with quite a lot of dry hopping 100g of Citra, 50g of Chinook, and kit hops. It worked out quite expensive but IMO it was better then Punk IPA, it had a real citrus burst on the tongue. But you cant get the Range IPA kits anymore they have discontinued them, they do an APA kit, but not quite the same.

Ah right nice. I've just had a quick look and saw a post on here somewhere where someone said they're mangrove jacks kits repackaged for the range so could be worth trying the mangrove jacks ipa kits.

Try adding some Nelson Sauvin hops to the dry hop, I've brewed Punk a couple of times (AG) and they really make a difference. Don't get carried away with them though, some people think they can smell 'catty!'

Hi first time for me on here but Punk IPA caught my attention. Like you it's one of my favourite beers and was keen to replicate it. Soon discovered that Brew dog have put all their recipes on diydog. You can download 446 pages of all their recipes scaled down to homebrew sizes ie 20 litres for free! Alright they're not kits and you will need to buy all the ingredients separately but I have checked and all are available from Hop House and the Malt Miller!

Hi first time for me on here but Punk IPA caught my attention. Like you it's one of my favourite beers and was keen to replicate it. Soon discovered that Brew dog have put all their recipes on diydog. You can download 446 pages of all their recipes scaled down to homebrew sizes ie 20 litres for free! Alright they're not kits and you will need to buy all the ingredients separately but I have checked and all are available from Hop House and the Malt Miller!
It’s a great ’book’ and written in a way to encourage people to brew their beers on home equipment.

Their Punk IPA recipe comes out (dare I say it) better than the real thing.

Black Hammer is also an awesome IPA that hasn’t been brewed by them for a while so the only way to get it is to brew it yourself!

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/community/diy-dog

I've seen good things about the youngs, i might have to try it out. Does it come with hops to dry hop? Would you suggest adding any extra hops to dry hop too?
im just drinking one now, 2 weeks of conditioning and it’s awsome. So much better than the evil dog double ipa

what are the other 2?
They change regularly!
Definitely some of the Festival range, the Golden Stag or the New Zealand Pilsner were great, some of the Beerworks kits and always the premium Young’s maybe Amber ale or so?
Single can kits I wouldn’t go past Brewferm, they realistically only make 9-12 litres but are decent beer

Latest posts

Back