Any qualified or trained wine judges here?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerowpete

Regular.
Reaction score
looking for a second opinion on some blooming alwfull wines, I want to know what went wrong, I will send a sample over for you to try and can i have a brutal feed back on it please.

not sure about highly toxic chemicals in the post but i will get round it some how.

I'm no judge, but would appreciate knowing which ones to avoid. I made some Hawthornberry last year that I wouldn't bother with again.

I only make mine from juice or kits so wouldn't be much help with "proper" wine.

i dont mind so much your making wine history, whaat i need is a taste palet that can understand how to improve on a wine i have made. I wine judge or similar would have the knowledge to work a sample of mead even though he or she has never made it, by comparing that sample to the experience wines they have tried i can get decent feed back on whats wrong or good with mine.

I used to know someone in Banbury, but they stopped several years ago. we used to send samples and the odd Claret to compensate his taste buds. cant seem to find a wine judge group or organisation anymore, nor can i find a way to entre competitions and get feed back either. There was several yorkshire shows we could entre by post.

seems whilst i was away the work of wine cometitions has stopped

...oh dear, have just made Banana! Will lower my expectations. Mind you the recipe says it takes a year, so hope to have some better ones by then anyway.
WE ALL HAVE GOOD AND BAD WINES, lol i make amazing ginger and drain cleaner banana

Back