Any recipes for Brewie B20 or Brewie+?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie62

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to share recipes brewed on Brewie B20 or Brewie+?
Also anyone tried the new recipes in the ultimate guide?
I'm happy to share my recipes in exchange. Let me know.
Cheers,
James

James,

I've done a number of brews using my own recipes - mostly simply used ones I've seen here or other recipe sources. Any BIAB (Brew In A Bag) recipe will work fine I expect, although you'll find lower efficiency with large grain bills (~5kg or bigger). To get a higher SG I've added malt extract to the boil quite successfully (e.g. for a Barley Wine that ended up at 10.3%). I haven't been very adventurous with hops yet, I have a supply of my own-grown ones (First Gold), and I'm also making predominantly maltier, darker beers (my preference).

Happy to share my recipes directly if you'd like them - do you want BeerXML files or just quantities?

Geoff (B20)

Hey Geoff,

I haven't had any efficiency problems. Did you check their video about efficiency?

I have tried these tips and they work!

That would be awesome if you could share recipes! BeerXML or just quantities are both fine!
Did you try any recipes from their Recipe guide?

I would be also happy to share my recipes, what format do you prefer?
Cheers,
James

In all honesty, you don't need "special" recipes, I'm currently using whatever recipes I find and scaling them to ~19l which seems to work well. If you use a recipe tool such as BeerSmith, there is an equipment profile on the Brewie website, and I'd recommend the Facebook groups covering the Brewie too (though be prepared for the usual vocal minority who have had problems...). I use BrewMate, and old free tool which just gives me a rough idea.

I can't apparently attach xml files here, so here are printouts of recipes I've enjoyed:

Dusty Mud Irish Stout - a really tasty stout recipe, adjust the malt quantities for the strength you'd like!
Light Bitter 1 - have brewed this a few times, it's my "stock" bitter (wife loves it). Trying for consistency
Saison for the Season - A very simple recipe, fermented with Danstar Belle Saison yeast to really dry it out and give that "Belgian" taste
Honey Barley Wine - the malt extract in the recipe was in fact half of a St Peter's Honey Porter kit (hence the name), added during the boil. Has made a delicious strong beer!

As I commented, not a lot of adventure with hops yet, but the joy of the machine is that tweaking the recipes is simple.

Attachments

• Dusty Mud Irish Stout.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Honey Barley Wine.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Light Bitter 1.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Saison for the Season.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 132
Back