Any recommendations for a good bitter kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobtheblob

Regular.
Reaction score
Not been brewing long but have done kits of Youngs Scottish Heavy, Woodfordes Headcracker, Youngs Saison, Youngs American IPA and recently Mangrove Jacks Grapefruit IPA. I've been impressed with all of them, maybe the Saison was the stand out one for me.
Want to try a bitter next. Any good ones out there recommended?

I know it’s a one can kit but I actually found the Young’s Harvest Bitter was surprisingly good brewed straight with brewing sugar (a little thin but a pretty good session bitter).

The Festival Father Hook kit is also a rather nice bitter 2 can kit, brewed slightly short to 21 L came in at about 4.2%, as I brewed this in the summer when temperature where hitting 30+ I replaced the kit yeast with Omega HotHead Kweik which may have being responsible for some of the flavour, however the Festival Range in general in my view are a fairly solid set of kits.

Do you know when I used to brew kits I did few and most were pretty good. Coopers always seem there in most of their kits, Woodfordes wherry is good if you like a sweeter bitter, and from memory I did a john Bull English IPA I know not exactly a bitter but I found that pretty damn good

I've got a Pilgrim kit on the go now....two days in very little activity... I'll give it til tonight and do a gravity test. Well it looks like high krausen has come and gone ..I've sneaked a peek and it's fizzing nicely.

Last edited:
Tried a sneaky bottle yesterday and it was brilliant. Even the wife approves so it must be good.

Latest posts

Back