Anybody built their own pub ? :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better picture of the actual bar area.

Bar.jpg

What size is your shed Lawrence? I'd love a shed after my son gets married, maybe next year.

What size is your shed Lawrence? I'd love a shed after my son gets married, maybe next year.

It was a 12' x 10'. I sold the house that had it I sold to my cousin and left it for him. My son had just been born and didn't think I'd get much more use out of it.
On occasions I had 10 people in there partying which was a bit tight. Had a cooler and keg set up also but getting the gas was bloody difficult at times.
I would love to do another one at some point but would probably try and go a bit bigger.

Yeah, about 12 x 8 or 14 x 10 is the biggest I could go but I've thought about using an enclosed Gazebo for extra space in warmer weather and serving from a side hatch. I'm on that Pub Sheds Facebook page for ideas and everyone says build as big as you can.

Nifex in West Belfast apparently will fill any bottle but I haven't used them. I've a corny set up with nowhere really to serve them other than my brew fridge so I bottle mostly. I really need somewhere, hopefully next year.

Thanks for the help.

I'd go as big as you possibly can, it makes a huge difference. My wife doesn't want me taking away any of our current garden as it is the perfect place for our son to play. We are however thinking of moving again to somewhere with a bigger garden. If that happens I will be looking to do another pub shed and I will learn from the mistakes I made the last time. Built the bar myself last time but didn't quite make it big enough to conceal all the pipework.

Finally got my dartboard up.. it's all starting to come together now :)

Looking awesome - well jealous.
I converted my man space into a home cinema.
There is space for a bar behind the screen ... but when the screen comes down , bar shut !!

Bad planning on my behalf ... but then I hadn't discovered brewing when I did the cinema [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back