Anybody seen these connections for sale?

Discussion in 'General Home Brew Equipment Discussion' started by r-evans, Apr 15, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Apr 15, 2019 #1

r-evans

r-evans

r-evans

I really like the connector they use in this video for their recirculation (3:25 in the video) and I'm thinking of building a very similar set up to what they use.

Anybody seen this type of thing for sale in the UK?

I currently live in the US and they have it for sale on their site but it is $34 so wondering if it can be had for cheaper as I'm moving back to the UK in a couple months and plan to start brewing again.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. Apr 15, 2019 #2

kelper

kelper

kelper

Regular.

Buy it while you are in the US, It will save you a fortune. The home brew market in the US is massive. Anything from the US imported into the UK is going to attract import duties. VAT is payable on the original cost, import dues and delivery costs!

r-evans likes this.
  3. Apr 15, 2019 #3

r-evans

r-evans

r-evans

My question was if anybody has seen it for sale in the UK? $34 seems a lot for a small fixture.

I toyed with the idea of buying a full kit here and bringing it back with me but on a little research after local US tax (I'm in Michigan) pretty much every item I need is about the same price in the UK, which will also save me the hassle of packing it up/shipping.

The only thing I have purchased is a cooler for a mash tun which was $25, they retail around £100 in UK. But I might not ever use it if I build the BIAB set up in the video.

4. Apr 15, 2019 #4

kelper

kelper

kelper

Regular.

From the video, it's not really obvious which item you refer to. If you could give details, I'm sure you would get better advice.

5. Apr 15, 2019 #5

r-evans

r-evans

r-evans

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019