Anybody used Pure Hop Aroma Oils

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought 4 bottles of Citra, Cascade, EKG and Nelson Sauvin to add to already brewed beer instead of a dry hop or to pep up a slightly disappointing beer bought from MM. I am very disappointed in the oils they do not seem to substitute the taste for real hops in 1. they do not taste like the original hops 2. they actually taste very similar to me and I could not say which hops they are meant to be really. Has anybody used these and if so what do they think?. It is not a go at MM but the product as they are just selling it unless they produce it?

I've also been disappointed with them. A couple of drops are quite nice in a G&T, but in beer they don't come anywhere close to the fresh zing of a dry hop.

Thats how I would describe them Ian they just do not taste like adding hops to a beer the Citra is nothing like citra and actually tastes synthetic to me no sharpness or sublime taste very Meh

I’ve tried them and found they don’t add the hoppy taste that we look for. They are called aroma oils, so I guess they are supposed to add aroma rather than taste? They certainly don’t replace a dry hop in my experience.

Latest posts

Back