Anyone brewed 100% Satisfaction?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Has anyone here brewed 100% Satisfaction from Marc Ollossen's book? It was bought as a makeweight to get the free postage from KegThat. The original intention was to use it as a base for something else but there are few good reviews about, so would it be worth brewing it as is or is it a throwback to a different age?

Cheers,
John.

PS For those who haven't come across it, it's very simple, a bag of Maris Otter with Goldings. So a SMASH, I guess.

MO and Goldings? What's not to like. I've had an old 1800's Tetley's EIPA recipe that someone brewed with 100% pale malt with only a Goldings bittering addition, and it was great.

MO and Goldings? What's not to like. I've had an old 1800's Tetley's EIPA recipe that someone brewed with 100% pale malt with only a Goldings bittering addition, and it was great.
Any chance you have the recipe? I brewed Terry Fosters historical bitter and loving it.

Has anyone here brewed 100% Satisfaction from Marc Ollossen's book? It was bought as a makeweight to get the free postage from KegThat. The original intention was to use it as a base for something else but there are few good reviews about, so would it be worth brewing it as is or is it a throwback to a different age?
1602402788176.png

According to Amazon, this edition saw the light of day in 1835 so I guess it is "a throwback to a different age" :laugh8:

Sounds like Summer Lightning to me, too.

6.6kg MO with 284g of Goldings boiled for an hour and a half. Fermented with Yorkshire Ale yeast. OG-1.062 IBU-146. ABV-6.6%.
Looking forward to brewing this, it has now jumped the queue.
I will be using a Aussie malt, 7.00 kg Pale Compass Schooner which is similar to MO, I will be using 0.300 NZ Gladiator malt for head retention, though I may not need it because of the amount of hops IBU 148 and I will also be dry hopping with 50 Goldings.

Back