Anyone else restrict their alcohol intake by doing this...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to only drink Friday, Saturday Sunday, the aim being to have more alcohol free days than dri days. I mostly stuck to it, but do periodically slip especially when on holiday, or i. The peak of summer, when it’s 30 degrees the trains home is delayed by an hour and you have being squeezed onto a packed carriage, well I’m going t9 have a cold beer when I get in the house.

Though from the looks, of things may not have that excuse this year.

Given the choice, I'd quite happily drink beer every day (I bet most of you would too?) But obviously it's not a healthy thing to do.
The recommendation if you want to keep a steady supply of beer is to get another brew on as soon as the FV is empty. To stop myself drinking too much I to do the opposite. I brew a batch of 10L and wont brew another one till I've polished off the first one. In this was I'll get at least 17 (14 days in the FV plus a minum of 3 days conditioning) days alcohol free between batches to give my liver time to recover before I give it some more pummelling. Just to note, I dont drink every day when I do have a batch to drink. I have at least one day/eve (normally at least 3-4) between sessions on the HB
Is that binge drinking ;)

I try to only drink Friday, Saturday Sunday

I was doing this for quite a while quite successfully when I was still in work 5 days a week. Then the whole lockdown Coronavirus **** happened and well.

I get real bored during the day. So like 2pm ish I’m usually like oh shall we have a drink. Then we have a couple more for the afternoon. I mean we aren’t slaughtered or anything. Just pretty chill you know.

Lately we’ve been having a couple of cosmos. That’s good for a laugh lol. It’s pretty great in the sunshine. Cosmos and sun, chillin’ lol.

corona-what? Pfffftt

lol

I've increased. Two beers and a bottle of wine every other day. Not good I know but my anxiety has increased massively due to all that's going on.

I’ve bottled my most recent batch the advantage of which is it is all too obvious how much I’ve had while with kegs, mini or otherwise it is far to easy to loose track of just how much I’ve had.

But I find the fact I’m still working makes it much easier to stick to my no drinking outside the weekend rule..

My rule of 3 nights off a week has taken a battering, i.e. it was squeezed to one then zero since early Feb. This Covid-19 has coincided with a sporting injury that has stopped me doing usual amounts of exercise. No exercise = less need to be fresh the next day.

I need to get a grip back on track, but maybe after the warm weather subsides :cool:

Yep my fri sat Sunday drinking has been hijacked with this virus but not this week im getting back on track monday

Alas the Havana Club is gone and so no more Mojitos. Will have to go on an ESSENTIAL trip to Waitrose....

I can't actually remember the last night I didn't have something to drink..
Me neither, it’s both mildly terrifying and mildly amusing...

I have recently purchased a large amount of fruit tea to rapidly replenish dwindling booze stocks lol. I’m planning 4 gallons.

Can’t have actual sobriety kicking in for more than half a day, that would be awful lol.

We drink Friday, Saturday and Tuesday usually. But I've been staying up later and drinking more. It's hard to relax in these times

I've cut down massively- working from home means I don't have 5 pints at lunchtime or any on the way home. Saving a fortune too.

I think the NHS suggest having at least 2 consecutive days a week alcohol free which is what I do, usually Monday and Tuesday. In the rest of the week I'll have 1 or 2 an evening, but weekends maybe up to 5 as I see my friends for a session or drink during homebrew.

Since lockdown I've been drinking a bit more though.
This is exactly my situation at the moment. Just put a work shirt on though.
Either I'm going to have to cut down the beer or get bigger shirts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back