anyone got Instructions for wilko golden ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottles are doing well and getting clear only down side is im getting white scum stuck to the bottom is there no way to avoid this with home brew ?

Not without kegging, unfortunately. It's just the yeast that's been eating up the sugar in the beer to carbonate it. Put them in the fridge before drinking and it will hopefully stick to the bottom. Just be a bit careful when pouring the last bit.

20210204_164019.jpg

Ok thanks mate just a pitty about that as if wasnt for that scum would look even better so after 10days in thr warm then into the cool for say 3 week yeah also is it ok to shake or turn the bottles or do they want to not have to much movement

A couple of weeks conditioning in the cold is all you need. Don't shake them as you'll just disturb the sediment.

Ok thanks mate just a pitty about that as if wasnt for that scum would look even better so after 10days in thr warm then into the cool for say 3 week yeah also is it ok to shake or turn the bottles or do they want to not have to much movement
How did this brew go? I wanted to start this afternoon, but think I will pick up an immersion heater first.

How did this brew go? I wanted to start this afternoon, but think I will pick up an immersion heater first.
Where will you put your fermentation bucket? If it's indoors I'd not bother with a heater,just wrap it up. If you do need a heater I'd suggest a pad type rather than immersion as the least contact with your beer the better to avoid the chance of any contamination.

Aaaaaawwww!!!! What happened??.

All those questions and then we get to the most important reply …… nothing!

iv just put the exact same on 3 days ago and it’s going like a train 1045 - 1030 in 3 days, I was hoping to hear how the hoping went and if it needed any pimping.

come back Markus :beer1::cool:

Wonder what happened? Would like to know how this came out after reading the entire thread.

This is like follow up on any repair forum. Someone posts a problem they're having. They get lots of great replies from kind individuals. The last thing they post is, "Got it! Thanks for the help."

Well, WHAT worked? Others with a similar problem might want to know.

Hope it worked out for him.

Didn't see any mention of dechlorinating the water anywhere so hope it didn't get ruined by chlorine in the tap water. I think some of the instructions in these kits don't mention anything about it, they should do really if the water isn't going to be boiled.

i know its early days but tasted naff haha hopefully gets better with age

Latest posts

Back