anyone got Instructions for wilko golden ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got thre brew underway today so at 10day i will add hop tea and then how much longer after that until i can bottle

Done a couple of these and have another kit in the "to brew" queue.

Resolution hasn't come out well below so try this. Front | Back

The instructions are the same as most kits apart from the hops part. I think the instructions others have given are better.
I certainly have found that my kits turn out a lot better now I leave them in for a few weeks. I think when I did this kit for the second time I did the hops at about day 10 (I asked on here for advice) but I might try the hop tea when I get around to doing this can.

As I brew in the shed, when I am happy it's done I take the bucket off the insulation and heat pad and leave it on the concrete floor as a form of cold crashing. I've noticed that the brews I do now are far clearer and don't have that yeast cloud that my early ones had.

IMG_20210115_181044.jpg
IMG_20210115_182116.jpg
IMG_20210115_182050.jpg

Last edited:
Great thanks for that mate One mistake i made was when i sanitized the fv i filled it right up to the top but used cold water instead of warm and the crystals didnt fully dissolve... hopefully it cleaned it all out ok it was a new fv so shouldn't of been that bad... i pitched the yeast at 22c and i now have the vessel in the wardrobe as thats only place i really have , the strip thermometer now reads 18c not sure if this is warm enough i though the air lock would be going mad but not getting alot bubbles at all do i need to find somewhere warmer ?

Also when you say about the hop tea do you tip the hops and warm water in the fv at 10day or just the stewed hops

Great thanks for that mate One mistake i made was when i sanitized the fv i filled it right up to the top but used cold water instead of warm and the crystals didnt fully dissolve... hopefully it cleaned it all out ok it was a new fv so shouldn't of been that bad... i pitched the yeast at 22c and i now have the vessel in the wardrobe as thats only place i really have , the strip thermometer now reads 18c not sure if this is warm enough i though the air lock would be going mad but not getting alot bubbles at all do i need to find somewhere warmer ?
In my experience, Wilko yeast takes a little while to get going. It'll get there!

Ok mate and when you put the tea in do you then stir the whole brew

I didnt use the wilco yeast in the end i bought some youngs ale yeast ive now just bought a heat matt and 50 bottle drainer from brew to bottle not sure if the heat mat is worth it and maybe to late now by the time it arrives

Now im thinking is a heat matt worth it if it stays at 18
Guys, I'm new on here and was going to ask a similar question (wrong instructions supplied with a Wilko 'feeling hoppy triple IPA' kit), but on reading all the answers you've already provided, I think I'm good to go. Thank you 👍🏻

Ok mate and when you put the tea in do you then stir the whole brew

I didnt use the wilco yeast in the end i bought some youngs ale yeast ive now just bought a heat matt and 50 bottle drainer from brew to bottle not sure if the heat mat is worth it and maybe to late now by the time it arrives
I just throw it in and leave well alone for four days.

Ok mate What would the best temp be that i would look to keep the fv at for this ale brew

Ok mate What would the best temp be that i would look to keep the fv at for this ale brew
20C is ideal but 18C will do the job. Just might take a bit longer. Maybe wrap something around it to insulate - an old sleeping bag/blanket etc.

Ok mate i have got a thick jacket round it and seems to of stayed at 18 i will leave the order in for the matt and maybe invest in one of the itc for my next lot as the costs are starting to add up lol

On the itc do you put the probe in the brew or on the fv
Definitely on the outside! I put mine on the outside of the FV near to the heat belt/mat. A bit of tape or blutac will keep it in place. They're not cheap but they'll last for loads of brews and once you've picked up a cheap brew fridge they're invaluable.

Yeah cant get them pics any bigger mate so cant read it
Did you try these links? Front | Back

There's actually not much difference between the standard kit instructions. Just mentions adding hops at day 4 but that's based on a one week brew. The instructions given by others have been far better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back