anyone got Instructions for wilko golden ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok mate think im going to get one the heat matt i have ordered is one from brew to bottle are these any good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-171920_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-171920_Samsung Internet.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 50
This is my brew 3 days in i though would be alot more active and scum ontop then this

Attachments

• 20210118_170338.jpg
    20210118_170338.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 49
Ok mate think im going to get one the heat matt i have ordered is one from brew to bottle are these any good

That's the same one I have. I have it plugged into a £4 timer switch from Wilko that you can set to switch on/off in 15 minute increments and adjust the pins as needed. At the moment it's on for 15 off for 15.

You might find this thread helpful too, I'll link direct to my set up pics in case it's of use.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/heat-pad-help.91189/page-3#post-980005

Just bought one of these hopefully works well alone side my heat pad 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-183859_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-183859_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 48
Ok no worries i suppose this works by turning the pad on and off to keep the temp you set , how do these pads work without this addition ? Many thanks

Without an Inkbird they stay on all the time unless you use a timer which can be a bit hit and miss. You can set the temperature on the Inkbird and the variation in temperature (above and below) to keep it nice and steady. Mine is currently set to 20C +/- 0.5C.

Ok mate great how can it measure the temp of the brew and not just the heat from the matt or the air temp having the probe on the outside

Hi again guys coming up 10days tomorrow the brew has been in the FV so tomorrow im going to make the hop tea and add that 4 days later what gravity reading should i be looking for to know the brew is done ?

Hi again guys coming up 10days tomorrow the brew has been in the FV so tomorrow im going to make the hop tea and add that 4 days later what gravity reading should i be looking for to know the brew is done ?
Add the hop tea tomorrow and leave it in for four days and then cold crash it for a couple of days. You should be ready to bottle then. FG around 1.010 will be good.

This is what im at , at the moment

Attachments

• 20210123_120402.jpg
    20210123_120402.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 59
Thanks mate where do i stand with the being clearing as i here no use of finings

Looks fine to me - get that hop tea in!
Pop the FV somewhere cold (garage/shed) on Wednesday for a couple of days or so and that'll drop out all the hops and yeast - no need for finings really. You should be OK to bottle up at the weekend.

Ok mate so will it clear more in the bottle ? As i dont want cloudy beer so would rath use the finings if that gonna clear it well after the cold crash

Im hoping the smell gets abit better

Latest posts

Back