Anyone heard of this before? Concerned about a scam...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinny

Reaction score
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

I saw a website on a Facebook group that is giving away phone cases with brewing designs on, which it claims are completely free.

It doesn't sound right to me and I don't want to link to the website in case it is some sort of scam.

Anyone heard of this "yourbrew" before? Not sure if I'm missing out because i'm always over skeptical of anything that seems remotely positive.

Welcome to The Forum! athumb..

Luckily for you, I'm a Nigerian Prince so all you have to do is give me your Bank details and I will send you enough money to buy a phone case!

Seriously, I've had a look at the site and I'm not too keen.

I've had no dealings with them
but I did search for the Your Brew company's address on this site ...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=77+Forest+Road+Birmingham+GB+B68+0ED

Take a look at who lives at Number 77 which is the address given in the Company's Privacy Policy ...

https://www.yourbrew.org/pages/privacy-policy-1

So maybe you are right to be cautious. athumb..

They'll been around for a while - I've had printed crown caps from them and I'd have asked for a case if they had my phone on the list

They are a website that do personalised printed bottle caps. They have done free samples etc when they were starting out so assuming they’re either about to launch phone cases or they’ve got a load cheap and are hoping people will order stuff at the same time.

I had the email from them and have had some bottle caps from them too. They’re printing is average but the offer is real.

Whilst we are talking about Yourbrew - has anyone ordered the labels from them before and are they any good? I had caps when they first started up and they were ok.

I’ve been asked to brew a batch of “commemorative” bottles for my mate’s stag do next year (I have almost 8 months to get it planned and sorted) to hand out to everyone as they are heading home and this is probably the best lazy-man’s way of getting personalised labels done.

It’ll cost me £2.99 for 25 labels (cost of making them is being knocked off my cost of the stag anyway so I’m not that bothered about finding a cheaper option) and seems like the easiest option.

I would be interested to hear people's opinions (and photos) if they have RECENTLY ordered caps or labels from them. I had some when they did their initial BETA run (not that people were told they were essentially guinea pigs but they did provide refunds and have claimed to improve their prices significantly) but have not really seen much in the way if real world photos from customers.

I seem to remember them offering free caps to members a while ago (might have been in exchange for reviews) so they may eventually do the same with the cases.

Cheers guys. I think i'm going to steer clear of the offer - seems a bit touch and go with them from what you've said.

I like the idea of personalised bottle caps though. I've only been brewing for a year or two and i bottle everything (kegs are out my price range currently), the idea of having my own logo design on my bottle caps sounds pretty cool. Anyone know if there are any other places to get personalised caps? Or do you think its worth reaching out to YourBrew and asking them if they've got better? - might try and get a free sample to review it on the forum here...

Cheers guys. I think i'm going to steer clear of the offer - seems a bit touch and go with them from what you've said.

I like the idea of personalised bottle caps though. I've only been brewing for a year or two and i bottle everything (kegs are out my price range currently), the idea of having my own logo design on my bottle caps sounds pretty cool. Anyone know if there are any other places to get personalised caps? Or do you think its worth reaching out to YourBrew and asking them if they've got better? - might try and get a free sample to review it on the forum here...

When I said their printing is average it is good enough for what I want and I use them for my caps. They’ve got better each time I’ve bought some and their website and what is on offer from them is improving all the time too. The phone case deal is just to try and get traffic through their website. They’re a relatively new company and seem to have the right intentions.

I've used them a lot for labels. There were some initial teething problems but since then I've not had a problem with the quality of labels. There have been a few service issues but their customer service is good and they've all been resolved.

I would have gone for the phone cases but they didn't do my phone.

I got some of the first caps they did and I was very happy with them soif they've got better then you should deffo give them a try.

I found the old thread but most of the images don't work since the forum change here is one of the early ones from member Strange Steve -

IMAG0598_zpsiws6ph5u_edit_1475484712574_zpsysby1k97.jpg

When I said their printing is average it is good enough for what I want and I use them for my caps. They’ve got better each time I’ve bought some and their website and what is on offer from them is improving all the time too. The phone case deal is just to try and get traffic through their website. They’re a relatively new company and seem to have the right intentions.

I've used them a lot for labels. There were some initial teething problems but since then I've not had a problem with the quality of labels. There have been a few service issues but their customer service is good and they've all been resolved.

I would have gone for the phone cases but they didn't do my phone.

Any chance of posting some pictures of the real deal guys?

Back