Anyone know what this is?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilfy

Reaction score
A while back the firm I work for transformed an old social club into a pharmacy. I got some useful JG fittings but this was also there.

EF6B5B8C-1708-4396-BD93-C00E048158EA.jpg

What is it and is it of any use?

It looks to be a three-way valve of some kind.

The source would probably be from the bottom where the ball valve is situated and the flow would be sent left or right as required by the valve in the centre of the two outlet lines.

The makers name "Micro Matic" would seem to indicate that it is electrically operated. This could be to divert the flow from one side to the other in response to an electric signal generated by something like a pressure switch, flow switch or temperature switch.

However, it could also be operated mechanically by internal pressure, temperature or flow or even manually.

It probably cost a bomb when new but may not be worth anything without the relevant kit to fit it to.

Check out this site for anything further ...

http://www.micromaticllc.com

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Cheers for that, there's nowhere for an electrical connection on it as far as I can tell. I got a few two and 3 way y splitters which will be more than adequate for my keg system so it will probably end up in the metal skip at work.

Cheers for that, there's nowhere for an electrical connection on it as far as I can tell. I got a few two and 3 way y splitters which will be more than adequate for my keg system so it will probably end up in the metal skip at work.

And the very next day you will find out what it can do and how much it would improve your system if you still had it! :whistle: :whistle:

Today I removed six stainless steel screws and two fittings from a cover I made for a clay oven six years ago. They have now been cleaned up and are back in the garage.

They originally came into my possession when I removed them from a 55-man Harding lifeboat that I bought and converted to be a motor-sailer in 1999.

"NEVER throw anything away that is remotely useful
if you can find somewhere to store it!"

:lol: :lol:

I recently went on a course work course about hoarding. Just sayin' :whistle: :lol:

Ah, but there's a huge difference between "hoarding" and "recycling"!

It's not just tools and equipment either.

I regularly use a couple of books that my brother used as an apprentice bricklayer back in 1946. It's sometimes not easy to get the materials listed in the book but the information and advice are still sound!

I last used it to make a heat resistant lime cement for a barbecue pit. This was after discovering that the modern equivalent was sold in tubs, at a price per tub that made the contents nearly as valuable as gold! :thumb: :thumb:

It's a secondary regulator. Don't bin it; one day you'll be glad you didn't. If you're feeding a few kegs from a single CO2 source and you want one at a different pressure, that's the puppy to do it. Think Saison, Weissbier or just for carbonating.

A new one of those will set you back around £30.

It's a secondary regulator. Don't bin it; one day you'll be glad you didn't. If you're feeding a few kegs from a single CO2 source and you want one at a different pressure, that's the puppy to do it. Think Saison, Weissbier or just for carbonating.

A new one of those will set you back around �£30.

Cheers for that, will I need a dial for it?

Cheers for that, will I need a dial for it?

Probably, or you could take a measurement from the hose if you have a spare gauge.

It's not greatly useful if you only have one of them. Typically the primary regulator sets an overall pressure for the system, and then each keg has a secondary (in line from the primary) to set specific pressures. The secondaries can be set at different levels.

Latest posts

Back