Anyone made a home made kegerator?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Jeory

Regular.
Reaction score
Just seen a YouTube video on how to make your own kegerator...looke TOO easy...is it as easy as driling out a 2nd hand under counter fridge?

Thanks

Pretty much. I used a tall larder fridge, drilled two holes for the taps and used the existing drain hole for the gas line. I also painted the front of it in blackboard paint so that I can write what is on each tap.

I have done as above but 3 taps. I wouldn't paint it black again. Seems to mark easy and every liquid chalk pen I have tried hasn't had the effect I wanted

I have done as above but 3 taps. I wouldn't paint it black again. Seems to mark easy and every liquid chalk pen I have tried hasn't had the effect I wanted
I was going to go Matt black and use chalk. What do you recommend

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have an ice box but I can't see why it would matter as long as you can still fit kegs in. If you plan to use an inkbird to control the temperature I don't know if that would cause problems with the icebox melting when the inkbird cuts the power to stop it getting colder. I like cold beer so I don't use any temperature control other than the fridges thermostat

Why would you be drilling through the ice box, are you looking at putting a tapsl font on the top of the fridge? I just went through the door.

Another option is a keezer, same idea but with a chest freezer. Bonus of this is you just remove the lid and make a wood collar which you drill all the holes for taps, CO2 and temp probe. I spray painted mine black and have my CO2 cylinder hidden under a shelf and secondary regulators attached to a board on the wall (because I thought it looked cool!!).

Keezer or kegerator is definitely the way to go!
20200209_211000.jpg

I use an inkbird but no heater. As its in my kitchen the outside temp is always warmer than the keezer setting so no need to heat it.
I also installed a PC fan wired into an old charging cable with the same voltage to keep the air circulating, this avoids condensation forming.

It's pretty easy to do, only slightly difficult bit is drilling the holes for the taps, after that it's just plumbing and push fit makes that really easy.

Here's mine:

img_20200503_162323-jpg.25395

img_20200503_162412-jpg.25397

Latest posts

Back