Anyone picked up any of the latest Tesco craft beers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B5D5A1BC-97F8-40E6-A1EE-E4B0C92774D4.jpeg
So with the official release day today I managed to pick up the cloudwater/Brwdog collab. The large Hazy Jane Can. The Magic rock west coast IPA. The magic roach surreal stout and the mothership IPA and the Brut IPA.

first up is this by cloudwater and Brew dog.

Initial impressions are good. It’s not a cloudwater beer. You can tell it’s got a certain mass produced nature about it. Nicely soft but with a slight crisp edge. Very hoppy and maybe slightly vegatle. But not to much to put you off. You could never tell it’s 7% and at £3 a can it’s pretty darn good.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Both very tasty but the Star City Double IPA was excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in yesterday but nothing new, wasn't a special trip though. Will try a bigger one tomorrow.
The BD/Cloudwater one has been getting good feedback.

I was in yesterday but nothing new, wasn't a special trip though. Will try a bigger one tomorrow.
The BD/Cloudwater one has been getting good feedback.

I don't think they are meant to be on the shelves yet. Just certain stores have put out what they have received. That Brewdog/Cloudwater one was released in 2017 and I thought it was very nice. Really glad it is back. Miffed that Stone IPA and Anchor Steam, amongst others, have been reduced to clear though.

Apologies to anyone viewing this thread on a computer. Those pictures are full size for some reason. Appear normally on the mobile site.

I got a can of magic rock Luminance today in a tesco express. I know they've been bought out but its a very good beer. I only popped in for milk & crisps (honest!)

I got a can of magic rock Luminance today in a tesco express. I know they've been bought out but its a very good beer. I only popped in for milk & crisps (honest!)
Good to see its making its way into the smaller stores.

Quick tip. Do check on the canned date on the bottom of the cans. Especially super hoppy ones like Luminance. I picked one up on the weekend and it was over 4 months old. Whereas the new BD/Cloudwater beer was only 3 weeks old from canning.

As they say, Drink Fresh!!!

Back