Anyone tried the Crossmyloof AG kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of CML.
The kits I've tried are: Jambos 80/-
Shession Pale (twice)
Super Cascade
Deuchars
All of them have been great. I usually make my own recipes or source them somewhere, so using a "kit" was different.
I must say as a standby and providing all the ingredients (with no leftover bits and pieces), definitely gets a big thumbs up from me.
Oh, and the CML service is 2nd to none. 🙂

I am a big fan of theirs too had nothing but fantastic service. In my last order they threw in 2 packs of yeast nutrient which I did not expect
Have you seen there bespoke hop ordering so you can order for a specific recipe and no waste I thin k they do it to the nearest 5 grams at a additional 50p, ideal for brewers with storage issues or want the freshest hops everytime they brew

I happened to get a delivery on Fri which included Hoppity House which I had done before. Unfortunately the Hoppity House grain bag had burst though I managed to salvage it and only lost few ounce so no drama .I emailed them not to complain but to let them know that it had burst where it had been sealed and to check their sealer . Included in my order was a free 50g packet of Ella hop dust so was more than happy anyway.
Today a 100g packet of Idaho 7 arrived in the post , customer service again outstanding

Hi Rich I have not done the kit but have done a Tropical England using the CML hops only in my own recipe and it was good maybe not as a American IPA but a more subtle fruitiness and this made me do what you have intimated in fact I kegged it yesterday which was a English IPA with 75g of Tropical England and 75g of Harlequin as a whirlpool then a 3 day dry hop of 25g each of Tropical England and Harlequin so 200g in total. I may have a pint tonight even though has just been kegged so will report back later all being well

Last edited:
If you mean the Stoutly Mild then yes, it’s a nice take on the style, the Roasted Barley does come through giving it a somewhat stout like flavour and overall it is very pleasant.
Cheers, yes that's the one. Sounds nice, will buy.

Back