Quantcast

Anyone use this company?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
It's on the cheatsheet for forum members but I'm not sure about posting in the open forum.Another for @Chippy_Tea too mull over.
Thats exactly what I meant when I said is it only for people who give them money. Meaning only for patreons or similar.

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
No problem as far as i can see, its not the business promoting so its not against the rules and if members can save a bit of cash its a win win.
Please could you explain how it works? I went onto the website and popped in the code to see how it would work if I bought something, but there’s no discount in the shopping basket so it doesn’t fill you with confidence that you’re going to get the discount. Hope you know what I mean 🙈😬

crayfisher

Reaction score
Top company, used a few of their yeast's for ipa's, lager's, wine and elderflower 'champagne' as well as their hops

foxbat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Please could you explain how it works? I went onto the website and popped in the code to see how it would work if I bought something, but there’s no discount in the shopping basket so it doesn’t fill you with confidence that you’re going to get the discount. Hope you know what I mean 🙈😬
You pay the full amount by PayPal and if you've entered the code where it tells you to then a bit later they come back with a 10% refund to your PayPal account.

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
You pay the full amount by PayPal and if you've entered the code where it tells you to then a bit later they come back with a 10% refund to your PayPal account.
well that’s what I thought but how do you know how long you have to wait before they send you it back? I mean we are going to buy from them regardless but it’s just annoying not knowing the exact details. I’m that type of person that likes to know what’s happening and when lol. 😅

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that’s what I thought but how do you know how long you have to wait before they send you it back? I mean we are going to buy from them regardless but it’s just annoying not knowing the exact details. I’m that type of person that likes to know what’s happening and when lol. 😅
A day or 2 at most and PayPal will notify you but bear in mind that it's holiday time.

jjsh

Landlord.
Reaction score
Aye, its a bit of an unusual way of doing things, but sure enough a few days later the refund will turn up in your account. With me, I've usually forgotten about it so it's a nice surprise!

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
Aye, its a bit of an unusual way of doing things, but sure enough a few days later the refund will turn up in your account. With me, I've usually forgotten about it so it's a nice surprise!
well we’ll see what happens ha ha. I’ll report back how long it takes because it might help someone else. 😊

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
I discovered them through one of the YouTube channels I watch (I watch a lot). It's called Happy homestead, maybe someone has heard of it. He's a crazy ginger hippy who lives up in Orkney. 😁 Other favourite channels are 'English Country Life', 'CS Mead' and 'Making Homebrew Wild and Cheap'. Learned loads of stuff from those guys - right or wrong, it keeps me entertained and busy.

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
I discovered them through one of the YouTube channels I watch (I watch a lot). It's called Happy homestead, maybe someone has heard of it. He's a crazy ginger hippy who lives up in Orkney. 😁 Other favourite channels are 'English Country Life', 'CS Mead' and 'Making Homebrew Wild and Cheap'. Learned loads of stuff from those guys - right or wrong, it keeps me entertained and busy.
Happy homestead is great, so is CS brews

LisaMC

Regular.
Reaction score
CS Brews, thanks for the correction. Don't know why they changed it.