Anywhere in Suffolk Sell Malt??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebaron1974

Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone recommend somewhere near Ipswich in Suffolk where I can buy the odd kilo of two of malt for my early forays into homebrew?
I've used the usual online retailers but the postage costs are understandably high.

Any recommendations would be heartily received.

D

Beers with a religious edge? My gf works in Norwich and I occasionally have a crawl around the pubs so that's a good option!
If I can help out, I will. I'm in Norwich and have just bought 25kg each of MO, Wheat Malt, and German Pilsner. I'm a lot lighter on crystals and specialities as I tend to buy them in lower quantities as I need them.

Another option would be to approach a local craft brewery, buy a few beers and ask if they could sell you some malt. Several of our club members did that in lockdown..

Best wishes

Martin

If I can help out, I will. I'm in Norwich and have just bought 25kg each of MO, Wheat Malt, and German Pilsner. I'm a lot lighter on crystals and specialities as I tend to buy them in lower quantities as I need them.

Another option would be to approach a local craft brewery, buy a few beers and ask if they could sell you some malt. Several of our club members did that in lockdown..

Best wishes

Martin
Thank you! 😊

Unfortunately Muntons wont sell you by the kilo and Ipswich's only two homebrew shops have bitten the dust in the last couple of years or so.

The closest retailer I know is Colchester Homebrew Supplies on Severalls Retail Park in, err...Colchester!!!....its a 20 minute trip down the A12.

If you are based in Ipswich you really need to seek out some fellow brethren at the Ipswich Brewing Club. Pre-Covid we meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the Thomas Wolsey pub on St.Peters street. During covid we have been having meetings via zoom. Today we are having a socially distanced meet up in Christchurch Park. We are a friendly bunch and will often help each other out if we need a kilo of this that or the other.

Search Ipswich Brewing Club on facebook and come and introduce yourself one day.

+1 for colchester homebrew.

I'm in Martlesham, and will be getting another sack of Crisps Clear Choice pale malt in the next couple of weeks so if you want to pick up a few kg just let me know.

@nickjdavis good to hear there's a local club, will look it up.

Unfortunately Muntons wont sell you by the kilo and Ipswich's only two homebrew shops have bitten the dust in the last couple of years or so.

The closest retailer I know is Colchester Homebrew Supplies on Severalls Retail Park in, err...Colchester!!!....its a 20 minute trip down the A12.

If you are based in Ipswich you really need to seek out some fellow brethren at the Ipswich Brewing Club. Pre-Covid we meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the Thomas Wolsey pub on St.Peters street. During covid we have been having meetings via zoom. Today we are having a socially distanced meet up in Christchurch Park. We are a friendly bunch and will often help each other out if we need a kilo of this that or the other.

Search Ipswich Brewing Club on facebook and come and introduce yourself one day.
Cheers for that! I'm actually based in Wickham Market but work in Ipswich. I'll check out the Facebook group!

+1 for colchester homebrew.

I'm in Martlesham, and will be getting another sack of Crisps Clear Choice pale malt in the next couple of weeks so if you want to pick up a few kg just let me know.

@nickjdavis good to hear there's a local club, will look it up.
Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back