Apple and Blackberry Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post in the wine forums.

Made a 5l Apple and Blackberry wine this afternoon.

1.5kg Apples, a mix of Cornish Aromatic, Braeburn and Bramleys
1.25 Blackberries
1.3kg sugar
2 lemons

Poured 5l of boiling water over the fruit, i'm going to wait till it cools then add some yeast nutrient, yeast and a campden tablet. Plan to leave it in bucket covered for 5 days, stirring daily then rack off into a demijohn and store in my daughters walk in wardrobe and leave it till it clears before siphoning into bottles.

Are screw top bottles ok for this?

Hi all,

1.25 Blackberries
1.3kg sugar
2 lemons

Poured 5l of boiling water over the fruit, i'm going to wait till it cools then add some yeast nutrient, yeast and a campden tablet. Plan to leave it in bucket covered for 5 days, stirring daily then rack off into a demijohn and store in my daughters walk in wardrobe and leave it till it clears before siphoning into bottles.

Just spent the morning making 8 jars apple and blackberry jam out of a similar quantity of fruit, but much less sugar. Not as much fun as yours, but mine's ready.

Hi all,
1.25 Blackberries
1.3kg sugar
2 lemons
Hi. Welcome to the forum
Looks like you’ve got a good 15% wine there, if it ferments out to dryness.
I’ve only used screw tops for the last few years.
Whatever you use, be fanatical about sanitising bottles, tops, spoons, everything that comes in contact with the wine.
GOP

Hi. Welcome to the forum
Looks like you’ve got a good 15% wine there, if it ferments out to dryness.
I’ve only used screw tops for the last few years.
Whatever you use, be fanatical about sanitising bottles, tops, spoons, everything that comes in contact with the wine.
GOP

Cheers goodolpete, good to know about the screwtops as i've had a load dropped off from friends over the past few months! Yep will stick to my beer brewing regime on cleanliness! athumb..[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back