April 2021 North West & Midlands Malt Group Buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live In Essex, it would be great if there was someone nearer willing to do the same thing
Hi L

I believe if we keep raising the issue, as you are doing, more people will express interest. The key is finding someone who can receive and store 40 X 25kg for a couple of days whilst people collect. Collatiing orders and money can be done from distance

Just by way of an update

We are expecting the delivery on Wednesday 31st, but this does finally need to be confirmed by Muntons. It can be late in the day by the time it arrives and so it is best to plan to pick up your malt Thursday 1st or over the Easter weekend

I will be around each of those days except Saturday 3rd when I will be out until 2.00ish

When collecting please give me at 30 minutes warning (so I can put my makeup on)

I'll pm you all individually with detailed collection information when Muntons confirm

Also, just to remind the following will be available for collection next weekend, prices per Kg - any size bag - all crushed, but all are limited in quantity

Amber Malt @ 88p per kilo
Barley (Roast) @ 75p per kil0
Barley (Torrified Flaked) @ 75p per kilo
Brown Malt @ 88p per kilo
Cara 30 @ 83p per kilo
Crystal 150 @ 83p per kilo
Crystal 400 @ 79p per kilo
Dextrin Malt @ 65p per kilo
Light Chocolate Malt @ 84p per kilo
Munich Malt @ 68p per kilo
Vienna Malt @ 72p per kilo
Malted Wheat Flakes @ 72p per kilo

Muntons have confirmed that delivery will be on Wednesday 31st

It can be quite late, so it's best to plan to pick your malt up from Thursday, April 1st onwards

I will be in all day Thursday and over the weekend (except Saturday 3rd - when I will be out until about 2.00pm)

If you are just collecting whole 25kg bags you could collect Thursday morning onwards, if you are collecting smaller bags I will need Thursday morning to make these up - but anytime after that and over the weekend

I will pm each of you with detailed collection information, but please give me at least 30 mins notice of when you expect to collect (so I can fix my makeup)

This month's order has arrived
1617191374876.png

So if you are just collecting whole bags - they are ready

This info is great, especially if you want to log the malts into Brewfather. There isn’t much Muntons stuff already logged on there

Want to say, absolutely great meeting you, was really nice finally putting a face to your name. Malt's all stowed away safely in containers ready for brew days. Thank you so much

Successfully collected today (just about squeezed it all into the car!).

A public thanks to Ken and Andy for setting this up. It's much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ross.

Big thanks to everyone involved in this managed to get my order picked up (thanks ross) and back home to Durham.
Much appreciated the effort the guys put in to sorting this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back