April Competition - Lagers/Pseudo Lagers/Kolsches etc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, If you'd like to take part in April's competition it's lagers and lager style beers. Judging will probably take place first weekend of May so plenty of time to get your entrees in.

Send a PM if you'd like to enter or ask any questions here.

Thanks!

EDIT: the full list of styles is lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles

Last edited:
I also have a doppelbock. I will make a call which one or both to enter. The Czech amber lager is still in the fermentor

I have a kolsch in the cold tank carbing now. So i would like to joint he party. please send me your details

Would a kiwi hopped pilsner make the cut?
Sure! Do you need my postal address?
Where is this all this held?
These monthly competitions are mail-in competitions, so you send your beer to the judge who gives you feedback on your beer. Here are the guidelines for participants and judges. I think there are instructions on how to post beers safely on the forum somewhere.
I have a kolsch in the cold tank carbing now. So i would like to joint he party. please send me your details
Will send a PM athumb..

First beers arrived today! :D

There's been quite a bit of interested so far, so depending on how many bottles arrive I will be getting help to taste them, and/or splitting the tasting over the whole weekend, especially with all this talk of doppelbocks!

Just opened a bottle of the Pilsner I brewed a couple of moths back and was pleasantly surprised by it (from a committed ale drinker), very drinkable.

So I would be interested to hear someone elses opinion on it. Will PM you to confirm.

Damn, my mandarina bavaria lager won't be ready in time. Its only getting bottled next week so won't be carb'd conditioned before judging.
Pm your address and I'll send one anyway for your enjoyment towards the back end of May.

Can you send me your details please
PM sent athumb..
Damn, my mandarina bavaria lager won't be ready in time. Its only getting bottled next week so won't be carb'd conditioned before judging.
Pm your address and I'll send one anyway for your enjoyment towards the back end of May.
I can store it in my fermentation chamber to speed up carbonation if that helps? I'll send a pm.

Latest posts

Back