April Competition - Lagers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I've v2 of a Festbier that I called 'Naeb'dy Aboot' for all sorts of reasons, and I might have a Perle pilsner though I've no idea whether the latter will be drinkable -long story, I'll check it tomorrow. Either way, could you pm me your address and I'll at least send you one 😄.

I'll send you a lager when I next get the chance...
Mystery solved! I think that you might get additional points in the comp for sending extra beers 😉.

Thanks mate, I'll tuck into those when they've had a chance to settle. I'll send you something in return if you PM your address

Oh I've v2 of a Festbier that I called 'Naeb'dy Aboot' for all sorts of reasons, and I might have a Perle pilsner though I've no idea whether the latter will be drinkable -long story, I'll check it tomorrow. Either way, could you pm me your address and I'll at least send you one 😄.
Yo doc! PM incoming 😊

Hey @Oneflewover , is this still your planned date for judging?

I've got one ready to send but the other hasn't cleared yet so if I can give it a few more days in the keg before posting my entries to you then all the better.
Hello @matt76 - yep got that weekend in the calendar for the judging, can't really shift it I'm afraid due to other commitments 👍

image.jpg

Mine is ready to go to post office

@MickDundee your parcel has arrived......but I'm afraid it hasn't fared well in the care of our Royal mail 😩. I haven't opened it yet but can hear pieces of glass slushing around and it has obviously been leaking. Sorry mate.

I'm gutted to have missed this as I've just started brewing Lagers for the summer. Having acquired a large chest freezer (about 6 kegs) I've 2 in the fermenters and brewing another this Friday.

Schedule is: Märzen (Move to Lagering freezer on Friday) Vienna Lager (Brewed Sunday), Festbier (This Friday) then, A Lemon Drop and Saaz Bohemian Pilsner, a Hüll Melon Pilsner, a Pilsner Urquell clone and then a Schwarzbier.

Can we do one in September?

That’s my own fault for scrimping on the packaging materials - it was quite a tight fit and I didn’t have anything else so I packed it with kitchen roll as much as I could and hoped for the best. Good job I used the zip lock bags or the leakage could have been worse.

Lesson learned. So busy at work at the moment I doubt I’ll manage to get another one sent out but I’ll try.

That’s my own fault for scrimping on the packaging materials - it was quite a tight fit and I didn’t have anything else so I packed it with kitchen roll as much as I could and hoped for the best. Good job I used the zip lock bags or the leakage could have been worse.

Lesson learned. So busy at work at the moment I doubt I’ll manage to get another one sent out but I’ll try.
For what it's worth what was was left in the bottom of the Pringles tube looked and smelt like a good beer 😂

Latest posts

Back