April Competition - Lagers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneflewover

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

April is upon us, and so it's time to start the thread for this month's competition it's "lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles"

Really looking forward to trying your beers and giving some constructive feedback. So don't be shy, get on touch and let's get this started 👍

I have a Helles that I’ve kegged and waiting for a spare tap. It’s looking a bit dark (I had a bit of a grain mix up) but I’ll probably submit it anyway.

I kegged a couple of lagers about 3-4 weeks ago. Made 44L and split the wort into 2 fermenters and fermented with different yeasts. I havent tried them yet but could send a bottle of each. Ill probably give it till the end of the month before bottling them so they have a bit more time lagering... unless they taste terrible of course!

I kegged a couple of lagers about 3-4 weeks ago. Made 44L and split the wort into 2 fermenters and fermented with different yeasts. I havent tried them yet but could send a bottle of each. Ill probably give it till the end of the month before bottling them so they have a bit more time lagering... unless they taste terrible of course!
Great, I'll send you the address 👍

I'm in too:
- I have a lager on tap now that I'll definitely send, this one sits somewhere between a Helles and Vienna Lager
- I have another one in the FV now which I'll also send as long as it's done in time (should be), somewhere between a Helles and Helles Exportbier hopefully

In any case I'll wait until nearer the end of the month before sending them but let me have your details 👍🍻

I would like to be in. I have a schwarzbier bottle conditioning right now and a steam beer fermenting away currently. The latter is a SMASH with WLP830. My friend gave me an unlabeled bag of hops, he didn't know what they are, so it's a mystery hop beer.

Anyway, if these sound good for the competition please PM your address and I'll send them over when they're ready 👍

I’m in, I’ve a Helles ready to go, a Märzen lagering at the minute and all the ingredients for a Cali Common ready to go. There’s bound to be something in that lot left to enter😀

I'll have a go please. have a lager in the bottle which should be nicely conditioned by then

I have an IPL I'll stick in for this, it's currently going in for LAB as well under mixed styles. Would really appreciate opinions as to if you think it's got enough kick to hold up to its name or if it should go into new Zealand or international lager cats.

Last edited:
I'm in too:
- I have a lager on tap now that I'll definitely send, this one sits somewhere between a Helles and Vienna Lager
- I have another one in the FV now which I'll also send as long as it's done in time (should be), somewhere between a Helles and Helles Exportbier hopefully

In any case I'll wait until nearer the end of the month before sending them but let me have your details 👍🍻
Woo-hoo, I'll send a PM now 👍

Latest posts

Back