April Competition - Lagers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in first place......
@matt76 Third Time Lucky Lager - this was just an incredibly elegant, well-balanced lager. Floral, herbal hop aroma supporting sweet grainy maltiness and a soft yet cleansing finish. Really clean and obviously well fermented. Well done mate 👌
Well I have to say I am absolutely bowled over by that 😁 The recipe is here - never was it more true that brewers make wort and yeast makes beer!

Congrats to the other podium finishers and well done to everyone who entered 👍💪

Massive big-up to @Oneflewover for the judging, it's a huge task to take on and do it justice 👍🍻

Well I have to say I am absolutely bowled over by that 😁 The recipe is here - never was it more true that brewers make wort and yeast makes beer!

Congrats to the other podium finishers and well done to everyone who entered 👍💪

Massive big-up to @Oneflewover for the judging, it's a huge task to take on and do it justice 👍🍻
Thanks Matt 👍.

I think what set your lager apart was that it was incredibly clean and crisp (obviously a very healthy fermentation), with well-defined malt and that soft yet refreshing finish. I note with interest that you went for a chloride forward liquor. I suspect that several entrants had a sulphate forward or at least balanced liquor. Personal taste perhaps but in some of the beers it wasn't quite right in my opinion.

Anyway, well done and thanks again to all.

Well done to everyone who entered and congrats to the winners!

Thank you @Oneflewover for the judging! Hope you didn't have too much of a headache on Monday😁!

Well done to everyone who entered and congrats to the winners!

Thank you @Oneflewover for the judging! Hope you didn't have too much of a headache on Monday😁!
Still recovering 😜

I suspect that the feedback might take a little longer than this weekend; I've got a couple of nights out I'd forgotten about this week and have a saison to package ASAP. I WILL get feedback to all of you though

Back