Are corny keg lids a standard shape and size?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just started pressure fermentation in a corny (and I loved it!) but the pain was taking the dip tube off and replacing with the floating one and then doing the reverse when using the keg as a keg again.

I've seen on Aliexpress corny lids with a built in floating diptube. Will these fit a standard corny?

Not too pricey to tempted to just try it out, but thought would check if anyone know if they are as standard shape and size before I do!

£12.48 | Corny lid Floating Kit
16.9US $ |Corny lid Floating Kit|Beer Brewing| - AliExpress
Screenshot_20210603_151120_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Won't leaving the floating one attached save you the bother? I've got a couple of Fermenter King Junior's that only have the floating kit and they work a treat.

Never had a corny, does the solid dip tube give you something that the floating one doesn't?

I could leave it, but then that limits me to which keg is free for fermentation - I have 2 currently, and am planning on getting 2 more so I have 3 on tap and a 4th free to use for brewing - but would like to be able to rotate which have fresh beer in and which I brew with.

The floating tube is good but doesn't get all the beer out to the bottom. Not an issue when brewing in there as didn't want to get the hops and yeast, but I'd want to drink every drop of my precious beers!

Ahhhh, I get you. With the corny, the posts aren't connected to the lid.

More kegs is always the plan, I'd love to have enough to be able to have 4 taps going, and be able to tie them up for the proper conditioning times etc. Going to need a garage full :laugh8:

To answer my own question, yes it seems corny kegs do have a standard size lid (or at least the kegland/Aliexpress lid fits my 3 kegs no problem).

I really like this for pressure fermentation in the corny as I was having trouble getting the dip tube out of one of my kegs, this means the dip tubes stay put I and just move the lid to whichever keg I'm brewing from.

IMG_20210806_122259.jpg

IMG_20210806_122240.jpg

IMG_20210806_122238.jpg

I'm tempted to give away my fermentation buckets as can't see myself going back (yet). A clear pressurised fermentation vessel would be great but this was loads cheaper. And gives me the option to get three taps on the go (man when will I stop buying beers stuff!)

Latest posts

Back