Are these Sloes?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to this thread I am now having to relabel the 10 bottles of “Howden Sloe Gin” that we will be giving as Christmas presents. Our friend, owner of an orchard in Howden, told us that we could pick her sloes.
The new label will read “Howden Bullace Gin”
We made it a year ago and it has matured nicely. Tastes great, and I’ve just been out to pick sloes so I can compare.

I once heard some dopey mare saying how surprised she was at finding out potatoes grew underground and had a plant with flowers on top of them!
These people are allowed to drive and use sharp implements FFS!

I was talking to a dairy farmer recently. They have a camp site on the farm and offer tours.

An adult on one of the tours asked her in all seriousness which were the cows that made the semi skimmed milk!

Sloe whiskey is also worth a go. Got a bottle in the cupboard I’m particularly pleased with.

I read somewhere that they all mix anyway, so sometimes you get a sloe/bullace/damson cross.
Maybe just write ‘Fruit Gin’ lol

I was talking to a dairy farmer recently. They have a camp site on the farm and offer tours.

An adult on one of the tours asked her in all seriousness which were the cows that made the semi skimmed milk!

Life being strange it's not quite such a weird question if you, say, compare the butterfat percentage of a jersey cow with that of a Fresian cross....
But, yes, modern urban folk have lost their links with nature and wouldnlt recognise a horseradish plant if they trod on it.

Reminds me of the story about a bloke saying he'd made elderflower wine.

As he walking down the lane he pointed to the flowers he'd used, it was only bleddy hogweed! Luckily he hadn't drunk any!

Latest posts

Back