Are you a true Northerner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2/10 for me. I’ve just moved further north to cement my true northerner status. Now, anyone south of Morpeth is a southern softie to me.

I’m reminded of Good Omens by Pratchett & Gaiman: the character Shadwell, who referred to everyone as “a great southern pansy”, so that it would seem, through geo-location, that he, himself, was from the North Pole.

Surely the mark of a proper Northerner is recognising that rugby league is the greatest game?
Yeah I think RL is the best game, but it sold out to Sky Sport when my 27 YO Daughter were 2 and posted the Sky card down the back of the gas fire.

Last time I "lewked on t' map" Sydney was not particularly at a Northern Latitude and that is the home of the game.

Nevertheless I shall be there cheering us on against Dirty Leeds tomorrow night! 😃

Sky are muppets who have done the sport no good at all. I would never give them a penny of my hard-earned. But the NRL Finals (so far) have been terrific entertainment. I'm sure it would be vastly more popular if it could reach a wider audience.

Guys like 'Turbo' Tom Trbojevic, for example.

Last edited:
Just the black pudding and mild, sounds like a good combination too.

Never really thought of myself as a northerner until fairly recently as I'd never been "down south" until a few years ago. First time I went to London was aged 30.

Only 2/10 for me (Mild and Black pudding although I see Scottish Black pudding as the superior one so maybe only 1/10) then again I live in Oxfordshire and South Oxfordshire at that so not that surprising.
Totally agree,Scottish Black Pudding best by far.

What if I have multiple whippets?
3F2DF56D-4793-4DB1-9A3C-A5C0D76DACDF.jpeg

3/ 10 for me.

Q 11 - Region specific (Yorkshire) should be :

”Are you proud of being tight”.

After all the true definition of a Yorkshire man, is a Scotsman stripped of his generosity.

Back