ASDA Cordial Wines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino2012

Regular.
Reaction score
Thought I would share these 2 as they really are quite nice, even though only 2 weeks old, so they can only get better, just gotta stay away from it and hide from SWMBO :whistle:

worth a go...

1 bottle ASDA Shiraz grape and Blackcurrant Cordial (Only £1.70 at the minute for 500ml!)
1 ltr RGJ
1 ltr apple
1 tsp Pectolase
1 tsp Nutrient
1/2 tsp Citric
Cup 'o' cold tea
1tsp young super wine yeast (next time thinking of using D47? any comments?)
Sugar to make 1000g all told (personal thing!!)

I pitched the Cordial in 2 batches on the 5th & 6th day after reading Moley's advice. It really does make a difference. This is a lovely, darkish blush wine. Yes, a bit more pricey than WOW, but well worth it IMHO
I also did one with ASDA Apple, Raspberry and Vanilla cordial, and used WGJ instead of RGJ. Very different! It comes out a lovely apricot - ish colour and very drinkable :thumb:

As an aside I made a Cranberry and RGJ WOW, but added 125ml of wine concentrate, delicious! :party:

Thanks that looks really interesting. I'm still really new to wine making and have only ever used kits so far, but your recipes look wonderful so I'm going to give these a go really soon ! :cheers:

Hi Kirstin,

they have turned out really well. Have a scout round this site and look for directions from Moley on pitching the cordial after the ferment has started, it really does help to keep the flavour in. These 2 wines are getting better by the week IMHO!

Best of luck, let us know how you get on :cheers:

thanks for this have just tried it with

bottle Belvior blackcurrant and cox cordial
1 ltr apple juice
1 ltr rgj
1 tsp pectolase
2 tsp yeast and nutrient
1 tsp tannin
1kg sugar

will see what happens hopefully will taste good

Hi, I've been experimenting with this cordial and have stocked up on a few bottles as I've learnt from bitter experience that any time I like a product in Asda they stop stocking it after a couple of months (v v annoying - I still mourn the loss of my wasabi pea/Japanese cracker mix! :evil: ) This looks good, I'll try it next - Thanks :cheers:

Glad to see things went ok, you can also try Tesco/ASDA/ALDI high juice as this make a good tasting wine 1 bottle works great & if you like cherries a lot of polish supermarkets do a cherry cordial again 1 bottle

Happy making and happy drinking too

Back