asda red grape juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm707

Reaction score
Hi,

Might seem an odd question but does anyone know what type of grapes were used to make asda red grape juice ( not from concentrate )?

They have stopped selling this due to poor sales and I have been using it for a couple of years. I've tried some other supermarket types but they are not the same, usually ends up more like a rose wine whereas the asda was more full bodied..

If I could find out what type of grapes were in it then maybe I could find a similar product :)

Many thanks

Oh no! I love the ASDA Red Grape juice - both for winemaking and as a drink. No idea what grape variety but I'm with you on the results.

mm707 said:
They have stopped selling this due to poor sales

That would explain why there's no stock of it in my local ASDA :cry:

mm707 said:
...whereas the asda was more full bodied.

Yup, my ASDA RGJ & Cranberry WOW is a wonderful, deep purple colour :thumb:

Hope you can find a replacement!

Don't know, but Welch's Purple Grape Juice (chilled,not long-life) gives a wonderful colour.

I've tried Tescos and Morrisons - they both make a drinkable but light wine.

Lidl's own - eurrrgh ! not nice.

I'll try welch's and sainsburys and report back :)

I made a batch with welches. Its been maturing for about a year, never going to be a cabenet sauvignon and at about £2.00 a litre it is cheaper to by a decent red wine kit which is what I a m going to do. :cheers: :cheers:

No harm in writing to Azda and saying what a wonderful product it was for making wine. The 'poor sales' bit reinforces the fact that some grapes are better for winemaking than dessert use!

Latest posts

Back