Asking for some donations for my Dad's fundraising efforts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

First I want to make it clear I have asked the admins and they have given me permission to post this.

I nearly lost my 90 year old dad a few weeks ago but he made a remarkable recovery and is now back home from hospital but very weak and a bit depressed. To pick himself up and help others he's trying to emulate Captain Tom by walking a few yards each day (Takes him 20 minutes to do 250m or so), the money raised goes to the Captain Tom foundation.
He's currently 1/3 of the way to his very modest target to raise £250 (all from family members so far) but it would give him a tremendous boost to get some donations from outside the family.

If anyone feels they could make a contribution I (and my Dad) would be most grateful.

The link to Dad's Just Giving Page is here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...app&utm_term=aa2853d6d33f4cb0af7573c84e99c2a3
When you go to the page it implies the minimum donation is £10 but the amount in the box can be edited, the minimum is actually £2 and every little helps!

Many thanks for reading this!
Cheers!

Dad managed two short walks today and is delighted to see the total has increased since I posted this yesterday, if anyone else feels they can donate it will be much appreciated.
Dad Walking nologos.JPG

Dad's gone now through his original target of £250 (He's now raised £300) so has now increased his target to £500
Thank you to those forum members that have contributed, it really motivates him when he sees donations from outside the family. Also a big thank you to the admins for allowing this.

Here's an extract from his daily update:
Days into my challenge - 6
Walks completed - 10
Total distance walked - 2.5 miles (3.9 km)

For me that really shows how much effort he's putting into this: I have often walked that far to a favourite pub for a few pints, for him it's a 6 day job.
Any further donations (however small) are very welcome

Dad is now up to £430 towards his revised target of £500 (Which I think he will soon revise upwards)
and he was very excited to see that justgiving put a link to his effort on their Captain Tom page. It's incredible to think that dad was literally at death's door a few weeks ago and is now doing this..............it proves that even a 90 year old can get out of their chair and make a worthwhile contribution to society.

As ever, donations from outside the family carry a lot of weight and really inspire dad to keep going so if anyone else on the forum feels they can contribute it would be enormously appreciated, thanks!

The link to donate is in the first post.

Thank You!

Thanks to the generosity of many people (some from this forum, special thanks to the generous anonymous donor from here yesterday!) dad has now gone through his revised target of £500 so has revised it upwards to £750. He has now walked 26 times (on 23 days so sometimes walks more than once a day), a total of 11.5 miles (18.4Km) I'm so proud of my parents (my 87 yr old mum walks alongside to support him), I hope I've inherited their strength of character and determination.

Please keep the donations coming! Thank you.

Back