Atmosphere/kenridge amarone wine kit

Discussion in 'Wine & Cider Kit Reviews' started by bez, Jun 16, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Jun 22, 2019 #21

bez

bez

bez

What were the details of you don’t mind. Did you leave it in the secondary vessel. At what pint did you bottle it.

2. Jun 22, 2019 #22

Willshill1

Willshill1

Willshill1

I used a Fastferment, google it , primary and secondary in the one container, used it twice now and still learning

3. Jun 22, 2019 #23

Willshill1

Willshill1

Willshill1

Sorry was busy last post, I followed instructions with kit and tried to keep to timescales but life sometimes gets in the way , have since done a Kenridge Sav Blanc for my wife, it’s bulk aging now, but tasted great when finished, so high hopes for it when bottled

4. Jun 29, 2019 #24

KHS

KHS

KHS

Bought mine in the week and set it up yesterday, just started bubbling away on the heat pad.
    Plan is to follow the instructions to the letter then leave it in a carboy until start of December, then bottle ready for Xmas. Bought a Young’s degassing tool, so that should be plenty of aging time, yeah?

5. Jun 29, 2019 #25

bez

bez

bez

Mine stopped bubbling on Wednesday. After. Ten days vigorous bubbling. I will have a look at it on Sunday. Probably syphon to a clean container and take from there.

6. Jul 3, 2019 #26

bez

bez

bez

I’ve syphoned to the second vessel. Lovely and clear. Leave in that for a few weeks at around 21%

7. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:07 PM #27

KHS

KHS

KHS

Day 14 for my Amarone kit, was bang on .996 as instructions said it would be.
    Swapped it over accidentally into another FV before realising it should go into a carboy really, so transferred it straight to a carboy and gave it a tickle with the degassing stick.

Plan is to leave it in the carboy to Xmas, but may throw it into bottles after a couple of months. Undecided yet.

8. Jul 12, 2019 at 6:42 PM #28

Willshill1

Willshill1

Willshill1

Hi transferred a Kenridge Sauvignon Blanc into carboy for about 6 weeks and bottled it a month ago, was great straight away, will be great by Christmas