Atmosphere/kenridge amarone wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent a lot of money on this kit so done want to bugger it up. Any tips. Any improvements I can add. What are the time scales. All advice welcome. I will probably start it tomorrow. Room is a constant 21.

I cannot find any reviews, at that price i would be sticking to the instructions and not adding anything (improvements).

I cannot find any reviews, at that price i would be sticking to the instructions and not adding anything (improvements).

Hi. I started the kit yesterday. Spent a load of time cleaning and sanitising. Then dropped a fork in it and had to put my arm in to retrieve it. Great.

I really wanted to try this kit but couldn't find it, so went for the atmosphere barolo instead and followed the instructions to the letter. It's been bulk aging for six months now, and I'm trying my best to resist temptation for a few more months.

I really wanted to try this kit but couldn't find it, so went for the atmosphere barolo instead and followed the instructions to the letter. It's been bulk aging for six months now, and I'm trying my best to resist temptation for a few more months.
Do you think better to bulk age than bottle age??

Good luck. Is it now in a third container.

I'm under that impression, yes, though I'm by no means a wine expert and certainly haven't done a kit like this before.
Hi. From your primary fermenter how many times have you transferred the wine.
Mine is bubbling away quite merrily now about 21 degrees

Hi. From your primary fermenter how many times have you transferred the wine.
Mine is bubbling away quite merrily now about 21 degrees
I can't remember off the top of my head, but I followed the instructions. At the end I transferred it to a glass carboy with a bit of sulphite to avoid oxydation.

I’m looking at doing this kit as my first attempt at wine, done quite a few beer brews so have all the kit.

I have 3 fermenting vats, so would look to swap between those before racking to wine bottles for aging. Looking to start it start of July in time for Xmas.
Anything fundamentally wrong with that approach? Is batch aging in a car boy that much better than in bottles.
(I know another 6-12 months aging would be ideal)

I’m looking at doing this kit as my first attempt at wine, done quite a few beer brews so have all the kit.

I have 3 fermenting vats, so would look to swap between those before racking to wine bottles for aging. Looking to start it start of July in time for Xmas.
Anything fundamentally wrong with that approach? Is batch aging in a car boy that much better than in bottles.
(I know another 6-12 months aging would be ideal)

To keep it off the sediment at the bottom and clear it.

I did the shiraz one to the letter due to the price and have the trilogy one fermenting at the moment. I thought it was a PITA moving it about all those times and thought the flavour suffered from the pretty extensive fining and stabilisation. It was however very nice. With the trilogy I'm not sure I'm going to fine it. I'll shift it to a secondary and stabilise it, but probably cold crash and bottle straight out of secondary. It just seemed to lose some fruitiness, some body, something in the fining.

Probably? But they are basically ...

Add almost everything to a sanitised fermenter. Top up to 23L.
Try to keep it between 21-25C for a week.
After a week it'll drop some yeast and sediment so move it to another sanitised fermenter.
After a week check gravity until terminal gravity is observed.
At this point move it to another sanitised fermenter.
Degas it over several days.
Add stabiliser and sulphites.
Wait for it to drop.
Add finings.
Wait for it to drop.
Transfer it to a sanitised thing that you are going to bottle from.
Wait a few more days for it to drop.
Bottle.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is a lot of moving wine about for me. I'd rather ferment with temperature control at 23C for one week. Seal, rouse the sediment, allow 3 days to reach terminal gravity. Cold crash. Transfer to a second vessel while adding stabiliser and sulphites. Cold crash for a few more days and then bottle straight out of this second vessel.

Cheers for that, not a massive amount of additional faff from the way I brew beer.

Will give it a blast.

65A5C1A5-72F3-406C-B1A3-13ED9DBA5EEC.png
Cheers for that, not a massive amount of additional faff from the way I brew beer.

Will give it a blast.

Bottled my Kenridge Amorone 8 weeks ago, have tried 1 bottle after a month, it had none of the depth of flavour I expected, a few weeks later not much change, have decided to leave till Christmas ish . Bearing in mind the price, I expected more,

Back