August 2021 - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bitter and probably a mild so far (“probably” because I don’t know how long it will need to condition and it will be fermenting until the 18th). The bitter I’m brewing today should also be fine with two-weeks to ferment and one week to carbonate.

I’m thinking about another version of the bitter but have no space in the fermenter until Sunday. That leaves two-weeks to ferment and a couple of days to carbonate. It could just be enough. 🤔 😂

I have a bitter and probably a mild so far (“probably” because I don’t know how long it will need to condition and it will be fermenting until the 18th). The bitter I’m brewing today should also be fine with two-weeks to ferment and one week to carbonate.

I’m thinking about another version of the bitter but have no space in the fermenter until Sunday. That leaves two-weeks to ferment and a couple of days to carbonate. It could just be enough. 🤔 😂

😂🤣😂🤣

3CDA213B-B8F3-4E9E-A7BE-55BCE08DB6C8.png

My humble attempt at @Tanglefoot 's ESB will be ready for bottling in a couple of days and tastes promising. Timescale might be a bit of a rush now.

Looks like there could be a few Mild's 👍🏼
I do like the use of pen on the glass, does it stay on ok if the bottles are cold and have condensation or do you have to wait until they are dry?

In my experience they take a day to dry, but once dried stay on even in the cold or with condensation on it. 👍

I like them, and i find it quite therapeutic, i just with i had better handwriting.

In my experience they take a day to dry, but once dried stay on even in the cold or with condensation on it. 👍

I like them, and i find it quite therapeutic, i just with i had better handwriting.
Cool, I noticed first on your bottle and was surprised that it didn't rub off with the packaging

My humble attempt at @Tanglefoot 's ESB will be ready for bottling in a couple of days and tastes promising. Timescale might be a bit of a rush now.
Think that was my ESB#2 bittered with Challenger, I'm sending last bottle of my ESB#1 bittered with Target which I made back in March
Same malt bill in both, I was trying different hop combinations.
I was very happy with both, now on my third variation, in the barrel and drinking now.
Good luck !

Looks like there could be a few Mild's 👍🏼
I do like the use of pen on the glass, does it stay on ok if the bottles are cold and have condensation or do you have to wait until they are dry?
Yes I really like those pens - you have to dry the bottle first and then wait about an hour for the ink to dry; but after that they they are permanent :-)

They have a weight inside and you have to shake them vigorously before using to make sure the ink is properly mixed up...

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 15.55.11.png

Just over a week until judging which will most likely take place on Friday 3rd September so still time to get beers bottled and sent over.

4 beers in the fridge so far, I think possibly another 5 should arrive before judging.

I will be judging in one evening with @dan125 so I think we will be able to handle a few more entries if anybody has got any British pales, Bitters or Miles ready to go..🍺

Back