Awright fae Glasgow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks chippy. Yeah that’s actually how I came across the forum was a google search on supermarket juice wine. Made 23ltr the other week with Asda red grape juice, princess apple juice etc. It’s turned out not to bad, but potent though. But workmates love it. 👍

Thanks chippy. Yeah that’s actually how I came across the forum was a google search on supermarket juice wine. Made 23ltr the other week with Asda red grape juice, princess apple juice etc. It’s turned out not to bad, but potent though. But workmates love it. 👍

I don't believe you.

A Scotsman giving alcohol away ffs 🙄😁

Fáilte 👍 🍻

i made grand claims with my first few batches. many folk got 'i've kept a couple of bottles for you' etc.
now two people get a single bottle each.
times are tough :smallcheers:
Yeah that’s the way it’s going here. I definitely had a idea about giving out wine to the whole of Glasgow for Xmas. But no chance now- with wastage and also wanting to age at least half a batch then sorry but the other 10 litres shall be for myself.
I employ a few guys and made up a juice wine for them which I don’t mind as around 50p a bottle (Asda RGJ and apple juice) but I’m not giving away the wine expert etc unless they want to half in for the boxes.
Maybe we are just naturally stingey in a weird way haha, I only drink 1 litre of wine a week. But like the idea of having loads kept by ageing away.

one trick i pulled is to get a mate into making juice wine himself. think he's on his 4th batch now. still helpful giving him advice instead of bottles i feel.
Yeah I’m working on that with my brother. He just hasn’t enough space right now.

Latest posts

Back